The most interesting fact you know

hogmaw

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't you see my link?

Check my exclamation marks.

//edit: Basically he picks up the bowl and turns to his right before going into the north, hence introducing a clockwise rotation into the water (which is actually the wrong type of rotation, but never mind).

Very subtle Mr Tbourner! Nice.

And I was nearly correct too :)

Didn't you see my link?

Check my exclamation marks.

//edit: Basically he picks up the bowl and turns to his right before going into the north, hence introducing a clockwise rotation into the water (which is actually the wrong type of rotation, but never mind).

Maybe i should of given you all the facts, there are 2 jugs of water, one each side of the line seperated by 20m (thats 10m into the northern hemisphere and 10m into the southern hemisphere) at no point does he wiggle the funnel, induce a spin or do anything to the water, to the extent that even we are allowed to pour the water in, and place the match in the funnel. still spins in the opposite direction. but hey i am only telling you what i saw with my own eyes,

richie

Maybe i should of given you all the facts, there are 2 jugs of water, one each side of the line seperated by 20m (thats 10m into the northern hemisphere and 10m into the southern hemisphere) at no point does he wiggle the funnel, induce a spin or do anything to the water, to the extent that even we are allowed to pour the water in, and place the match in the funnel. still spins in the opposite direction. but hey i am only telling you what i saw with my own eyes,

richie

I would think permanent bowls would be even easier to tamper with, but never mind. The fact is the coriolis effect is caused because (in simple terms) the equator is travelling east at just over 1000mph, and the north pole is travelling east at 0mph, so the further north you go the slower you are travelling eastwards. Therefore a large body such as a hurricane will begin to spin in an anti-clockwise rotation in the northern hemisphere because it's southernmost point is travelling eastwards quicker than it's northernmost point is.

the difference in easterly velocity of a 2 litre jug of water will have such a tiny effect that it is FAR outweighed by other factors, such as the shape of the bowl and forces exerted on it by humans.

Sorry.

richie

Have a look at this...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/notesandqueries/query/0,5753,-20326,00.html

fact the way this goverment is going we will

1 all have to were hi-vis jackets when we leave the house

2 drive cars controlled by satilite that restrict us to the speed limit of that road

3 commited to death if caught with a fag

4 commited to death if caught with alcohol

5 commited to death if we shout at our children

6 jailed if caught outside the home after 8 oclock at night for no reason

7 jailed if we are caught with any electrical appliance on standby

8 jailed if we fail to recycle

cant think of anymore lol :p

Some really good points raised there even one from a guy that visited the same place i did and confirms that there is no slight of hand, funny shaped bolws or any other dodgy business going on,

i suppose what would be useful now is for one of the Aussies to run a sink and let that drain and i do the same and if the both go the same way then fine case closed.

However i still stand by what i saw and they never had specially designed basins it was a bucket and funnel and match.

richie

N/A's should never have been made as they give TT's a bad name :p

Fact: Burna has a 10% alcohol to blood ratio.....which way I don't know to be honest.....:blink:

Sex burns 360 calories an hour :innocent:

That means that I only burn off 36 calories when I have sex.....:(

Doesn't that really depend on who you're doing?

:blink::D