The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How often do you check your Tyre pressure?

Ibrar Jabbar

Ibrar, I'd appreciate your input as to the "correct pressure" I've tried searching a number of times and never found a definitive answer.

235-40-18 and 265-35-18

Mike

I recommend 34 PSi all round.

A easy way to check optimum tyre pressure is to draw a chalk line across the width of the tyre, drive round the block and check the wear pattern.

Quick wear in the center indicates you have too much pressure and wear on the edges indicates low pressure, so with a bit of messing about you can find the correct pressure.

Once a week

Ibrar

Whats correct pressure for these

Tyres

R19 265/35 Front Goodyear eagle F1

R19 275/35 Rear Goodyear eagle F1

Goodyear said 36PSI all round

I run 28PSI rear and 30PSI front

28 & 30 are too low, try my chalk trick, you will probably find the edges wearing out.

I recommend 34 all round.

Every time I check they are just right, so I rarely bother.

It was interesting to see Clarkson etc the other week on the Nevada salt flats. They got much higher speeds because of crazy high tyre pressures. What's all that about?

High pressure = less contact patch = less friction = possible higher speeds.

I recommend 34 PSi all round.

A easy way to check optimum tyre pressure is to draw a chalk line across the width of the tyre, drive round the block and check the wear pattern.

Quick wear in the center indicates you have too much pressure and wear on the edges indicates low pressure, so with a bit of messing about you can find the correct pressure.

Thanks, I'll give that a try :thumbs:

Mike