The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Brand new Engine

adi2009

I m pretty much going in for a brand new engine into my TT with a T61 single setup. I m going the standalone route with an Autronic SM4 ECU and CDI unit. My question is, do I get the tuner to initiate the tuning process right from the breakin stage or should I put the stock ECU in for a break in and run off boost for a couple of hundred mile first???

My setup would be:

Brand new blueprinted OEM shortblock,

new stock head with entire new OEM valvetrain,

HKS 264 In/Ex cams,

PHR single valve springs and retainers

Also, is there anywhere I can get proper engine breakin instructions?

Cheers

adi

Guest murarie

+1 on above Posts.

OT - Any reason you decided on the Autronic SM4? , AEM has a Plug and Play ECU with custom base maps you can buy online so you can be up and running and then tune with a wideband.

Makes it a lot easier if you don't have access to a dyno.

+1 on above Posts.

OT - Any reason you decided on the Autronic SM4? , AEM has a Plug and Play ECU with custom base maps you can buy online so you can be up and running and then tune with a wideband.

Makes it a lot easier if you don't have access to a dyno.

I got the Autronic because I didnt specifically intend to use it for the Supra, was going to be a project on another engine but canned that plan so I m now planning on using it on the 2JZGTE. The Autronic SM4 coupled with the 500R CDI unit is supposed to be one of the most reliable and on par with Motec's.