The mkiv Supra Owners Club

ABFlug Vented Bonnet

Stonkin

I have an abflug vented bonnet for sale with catches. It is currently in black. There is what looks like a hairline crack in the paint around the top of the drivers side headlight and 3/4 along the bottom where it meets the bumper. This has not come through to the underside of the bonnet so am presuming its just in the paint. The bonnet in my eyes could ideally do with a respray anyway, as the paint is quite flat, i have not attempted any machine polishing of it as i knew it would be for sale and someone may need it in a different colour anyway, so im sure it could easily be repaired at the same time.

I do not know if it is an original, not sure if i asked Charlie this or not, i do know that it used to be supradibbs before, so i can check with him if need be.

The fit seems 'ok', the worst part seems to be the gap between the bonnet and passenger side wing being slightly larger than on the drivers side. But i imagine the wing could be pulled in very slightly to reduce this.

Am not trying to undersell this, just being honest.

Pics can be found in this thread, i can take anymore if need be, will try and get some of the underside tonight if its still light when i get home.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=157491

I am not sure what to ask for this, but was thinking around £150, plus a very good condition stock black bonnet in return., UK or jap

I am not looking to post this, a direct swap would be much easier.

Christian

(edited to adjust prices slightly after searching)

This bonnet looks really good in person, and the issue with gapping more in one side is just an allignment/adjustment thing.

Really great price too!

Here's how it looks on a white supe:

vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=11417&d=1209506856

vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=11422&d=1209506908

just so everyone knows where i stand, my bonnet will not be up for sale unless i get stonkin's one. i was planning to get mine resprayed black and this would save me the bother...

please note mine has a thin crack inbetween the headlights almost identical to the one on stonks, but not over the headlight, just visible in the pic. should any multiswaps go down please take this into consideration!

will be willing to drive a sensible distance for a swap sesh!

Right guys, havent been around over the w'end so only just seen replies. Fizzle, i'm not going to be after a carbon version of what i already have, having thought about it over the w'end. You also say having mine would save you having to get yours resprayed. I did say in my first post, that due to the crack and (in my eyes, although i am a picky sod) i think it could do with a respray at the same time as having crack repaired, but, depends how fussy you are.

So for me, i think i need to see pics of supra aero's bonnet to see what condition it is in.

Cheers,

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.