The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I don't normally do this but..............

BigDino

Petition For Harry Patch Last serving WWI Soldier: Only 2 minutes of your time sign!!!!‏

Petition For Harry Patch Last serving WWI Soldier

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We the undersigned, do ask, that the Government consider a state, Funeral for Mr. HARRY PATCH

the last surviving WWI Veteran, When this Gentleman, answers the last roll call, it will mark

the passing of a poignant part of World History.

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/PATCH-HARRY/

Please take 2 minutes to complete the petition

Joanne

P.S Sorry for the mass email but there are only 129 signatures for this fella I think he is worth more than that!!!!!

He's not the last remaining serving WWI veteran. For example: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Allingham is the oldest UK WWI veteran and Britain's oldest man.

I'm not detracting from what Mr Patch and others did though. Words like "horrific" are over-used by the media these days to describe what happens when someone gets voted off Strictly Come I'm an X Factor On Ice, but some of the things those service-men and -women saw was truly horrific.

I take my hat off to them.

Don't you think that maybe you're campaigning for something for _your_ benefit, rather than Mr Patch's benefit? You want to give him a fancy funeral, where he may well not want one, his family might not want it - to me it sounds like a façade to make the nation feel better about not treating veterans and the war-wounded very well.

Don't you think that maybe you're campaigning for something for _your_ benefit, rather than Mr Patch's benefit? You want to give him a fancy funeral, where he may well not want one, his family might not want it - to me it sounds like a façade to make the nation feel better about not treating veterans and the war-wounded very well.

I've got to agree with you there.

• 1 month later...