The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Calzaghe vs Jones

Bobbeh

What a fight!!!!! Easily his best for performance since Lacy and one of the best fights I've seen - period!

The Roy Jones'in of Roy Jones was hilarious but caused me to beg him to stop pissing about at times as I thought he'd get caught with a good shot, but Joe had it all under control.

Excellent fight! :D A true champ.

What a fight!!!!! Easily his best for performance since Lacy and one of the best fights I've seen - period!

The Roy Jones'in of Roy Jones was hilarious but caused me to beg him to stop pissing about at times as I thought he'd get caught with a good shot, but Joe had it all under control.

Excellent fight! :D A true champ.

That american interviewer towards the end was a real prick (Joe isnt the best european fighter, he is WORLD Champion)........surprised that Calzagie didnt punch his lights out

Joe was quick, too quick for jones in the end.....amazing how he changed his style completely mid-fight......and he took some hard hard punches.

Like Barry said - he took the complete mickey out of him..

Well worth staying up for......very impressive display of tactical boxing.

Got up 12, just in time for the Setanta re-run lol :D

Jones had speed and power and hit Joe with some really good/clean shots, but Joe just took them all in his stride.

The cut was unfortunate, but was caused by a punch rather than a dodgy headbutt, where as Joe's first round knockdown happened as he was hit with the forearm rather than a clean punch.

Joe just didnt give Roy the confidence to really believe he could take him out, and basically took him apart. Class act.

That american interviewer towards the end was a real prick (Joe isnt the best european fighter, he is WORLD Champion)........surprised that Calzagie didnt punch his lights out

I know what you're saying, plus he was trying to set-up the fight with Chad Dawson... basically Joe is the man with HBO and they want him bad... but they're also trying to give the American audience a bit of feel good even thought their man lost.

I also love to way HBO are trying to write off Roy Jones now that he lost, even thought he decked Joe in round one, and caught him with many other decent shots, at 39 he's an old man, only 3 years older than Joe! Whereas Hopkins at 43 kicked Pavliks ass, shows to me he's now that old! Joe's style was just too much for Roy and he admitted that.

I'd like to see Kessler vs Hopkins. Joe vs Chad could be a good fight, but he doesn't need it... and like Steve Bunce on Setanta said, Chad couldn't attract flies to a turd.

Joe took the piss most of the fight, but there was so much respect on both sides which was great to see - especially when the good shots were landed, it was like two friends having a punch up, and unlike the Hopkins fight the opponent was willing to come forward and fight back. Credit to Roy.