The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Cusco 6 point roll cage

johnd-mkiv

Origionally bought from Bolarbag (advert copyed) no longer needed. Lovely piece of kit very well made.

The cage is in mint condition, its been wrapped in ribbon since day one, so even the trademark Cusco blue paint is untouched

Its currently bolt in, but can be welded in if required, the mounting points are fantastic in terms of chasis enhancement and safety, and is probably the best you can do without altering the interior layout of the car

looking for what its cost me £500 + postage

I'm sure it weighs 11kg

will come with all bolts, underplates and the foam that goes around the cage iteslf(this is pretty expensive in itself)

The ribbon can be retained also, as this sets it apart from other cages I have seen imho

If I was in no rush to sell then I would have held it for you like you wanted but I had some one offer me the whole amount and pick up today. Ive been burnt before by people wanting stuff then never sticking to their words. At no point did I say it was sold to you either!

your above post may result in your downfall in months to come.

If I was in no rush to sell then I would have held it for you like you wanted but I had some one offer me the whole amount and pick up today. Ive been burnt before by people wanting stuff then never sticking to their words. At no point did I say it was sold to you either!

your above post may result in your downfall in months to come.

I have always been led to beleave that the first person to pm you is first come first serve, i offered to pay £50 straight away and i was also going to collect this weekend, but if you dont play the game correct then id rather not buy off you in the future so its you who will loose the sale of items if no 1 can trust you.

I do feel as if i was cheated as i have been waiting for a rollcage for months and if i was going to mess you about then i would'nt of offered to pay £50 via paypal the same night. :tongue:

I have always been led to beleave that the first person to pm you is first come first serve, i offered to pay £50 straight away and i was also going to collect this weekend, but if you dont play the game correct then id rather not buy off you in the future so its you who will loose the sale of items if no 1 can trust you.

I do feel as if i was cheated as i have been waiting for a rollcage for months and if i was going to mess you about then i would'nt of offered to pay £50 via paypal the same night. :tongue:

It may be me being a twat as you so nicely put it :rolleyes: but from your vague pm

"whats the longest you can hold this for me, i can pay £50 via paypal then the rest on collection if this is ok.

£500 collected no need for posting" it does not state you would be paying by paypal that night, along with collecting it this weekend. I returned the pm straight away but have only heard from you as of today through this post and not through the pm I sent back on thursday.

Im looking into making a batch of cages up in the next couple of months at a cheaper rate to members if the Mods allow it, dont bother adding your self to the list:Pling:

To be honest id rather buy a reputable cage made from a reputable company and not a monkey trying to make extra cash for christmas, as i do trackdays i need a proper cage and not somthing thats going to snap and pin me to my seat.

Thanks for nothing just another timewaster i see.

From what ive read John has done nothing wrong, your pm is very vague as to when you are going to pay and asking "whats the longest you can hold this for me?" sounds like you dont want to be paying the rest for a while.

Calling someone a twat wont help either.

Also interested in the custom cage you are making John.

From what ive read John has done nothing wrong, your pm is very vague as to when you are going to pay and asking "whats the longest you can hold this for me?" sounds like you dont want to be paying the rest for a while.

Calling someone a twat wont help either.

Totally agree, no need to be offensive.

"I'll take it.", usually does for most sellers.

To be honest id rather buy a reputable cage made from a reputable company and not a monkey trying to make extra cash for christmas, as i do trackdays i need a proper cage and not somthing thats going to snap and pin me to my seat.

Thanks for nothing just another timewaster i see.

Having spent 10 years in engineering, 4 of them on a welding and fabrication apprenticeship, several welding codes under my belt I would say my days of being "monkey" are long gone. I could make one of them cages standing on my head, but hey if you just want to pay for the name thats your choice.

Guest sunnyG83
Yeh cheers johnd, i sent you pm asking about payment and collection and you sold it to somebody else who pm,ed you after me, i'm abviously a t$%t

i cant see anything wrong with what John did either to be honest and i reckon someone needs to settle down :)

Sorry to have created some grief John [OOPS][/OOPS]

I wasnt trying to "trump" anyone (as what goes around comes around.....) but from John's perspective I understand from bitter experience why cash (today) is king.

For the rest of you, I picked the cage up from a FULLY fitted professional engineering workshop. I cant vouch for John's work as I havent seen it but given the industrial shop I dont think the starting assumption should be "home-made".

P

With the cages, how do people manage to insure them? I thought it was a big issue?

I haven't got one yet, but it's on my list. I did however ask my insurer (sky) and it is now on my policy (even though I don't have one fitted yet - this doesn't appear to be a problem). My premium didn't go up at all due to the rollcage per se, but I had just paid a substantial amount of money for performance modifications.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.