The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Guess my new turbo :)

b_have

OK, actually its still my GT4088 with a reworked compressor housing. I've machined out the centre and fitted an adjustable anti-surge insert similar to a T51 KAI.

Its machined so that it can be adjusted in or out of the housing and locked via set screws.

Haven't had a chance to test yet, but it seems to have the 51 'whistle' :)

SL740001 (Large).JPG

SL740010 (Large).JPG

Edited by b_have (see edit history)

lol' date=' no but I do like it :D The idea is to improve the intake flow. The standard 4088 has a very poor intake casting that would appear to compromise flow and spool (maybe it doesn't, its just an experiment).[/quote']

So you think you will gain some bhp and get a quicker spool up like that :)

How is this working Charlie, now that im sure you've had a 'play' :)

An 'after' the modification dyno plot would also be excellent :)

Arse dyno tells me response is quicker (but could be placebo) Interesting that I had to remove 12% duty from the boost controller as it consistantly hit 1.7bar on the old 1.5bar settings (same ambients)

Also seemed to work best (spool) with the insert locked closed (closest to the housing)

More testing to do...