The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Single Turbo Insurance problems!!

Havard

how odd. people i spoke to at least gave me a silly quote :S

How do you find out what rating your postcode is?

I've got a list here that uses your postcode outcode (first part of it) http://clubaristo.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16911

It's probably pretty out of date by now given the way insurance loadings have changed over the years but it can give you a rough idea on what they used to base it on.

Thats prob your best hope. (would suggest getting this moved to members only if you are going to do that though.)

I remember insuring my single @ 19 or 20.....it was a nightmare!

I had to bend bits of thruth. (dear mr new guy @ elephant, i have blown my turbo's and cant afford 2 so am going to replace them with 1 bigger one.)

Now im 100% by the book and have been for the last 2 years, still pay £1000 for to approx 5 times i use the car in a year.

On a side note harvard, its prob because your getting on a bit now and they think you wouldnt be able to handle the power :innocent::p

To be honest we drive the supe equally, so it wouldn't be lying. It's not a daily driver so as far as being the main driver goes its pretty much 50/50 :D........except for the times I take it when he's not looking:p

Vicki x

Mine was insured through A-Plan and the were excellent. Think i was paying around 800 a year on mine and i was only 24/25. Postcode wont have been that much difference, it was when i was living in Standish.

I know A-Plan have different departments so make sure you get put through to the import section.

Have you tried asking you insurance company your firm have used for a letter stating you haven't had any claims, i got one for insurance on the motorhome has the V5 is in my wife's name and she's never had her own insurance.

I don't think the £1200 insurance a year is that bad for the 5k mile i do in my single a year, if you put it in context with the 1k clutch and 300 mile from a set of R888's in a year :(

The car is insured for anybody over 30 who have held a licence for at least 3 years, fully comp including all mods, even declaring it's mainly used on the drag strip :)

Don't know what they will say when i tell them rollcage, bucket seats, harnesses, jap rear brakes and 15" inch wheels along with new geo setting have been done this winter and it's still a road car :eyebrows:

Good luck with the insurance and remember it's a drop in the ocean when you go single :D

H, have you spoken to Jae or Olly directly at Sky Insurance? I recommend you speak to them as they might be able to offer you a far better package based on your membership here.

For info my single at 31 cost around £1200 in a 'C' rated area. The renewal the 2nd time round was quoted at £800. Postcode makes a dramatic difference to prices as well as your car ownership history. Every company I got into discussions with were adament I needed to have expereience of high HP RWD cars (it seemed a BPU TT was considered enough by all that could quote).

Last time round, the BPU TT was around the £600 mark, the NA around £300. Chevy V8 with 500bhp was £780... less than the single :D

On a side note harvard, its prob because your getting on a bit now and they think you wouldnt be able to handle the power :innocent::p

Cheeky little upstart....:blink: I have pairs of underpants that are older than you......;)

Thanks to everyone who has commented. I just find it really hard to understand why I am struggling as I am the best driver I know......:sly:

H.

Edited by Havard (see edit history)

I am 34,

F**k off, you look a lot younger:d (i'm not joking either ;))

Can you get cover on a 911?

DON'T LET VICKY SEE THIS THREAD or I'll be dead at the xmas do;)

:D

I'm an over 30 lady driver

:blink: I must have lost my perception of age I thought you were in your late 20's

Chevy V8 with 500bhp

Oooooo any pics of that?

Anyway, I thought you mentioned that AON were ok with the single or was that just the TT?

Are you still selling yours or have you given in to temptation:d

still selling, may be gone within the month to Germany, find out Saturday as the guy's selling his to buy mine. Have mixed feelings of happy it's finally going, but sad that it's going at the same time, but the missus is getting bigger and the car is getting less comfortable for her...

Usually if no-one will quote, it's because they're just bashing your details into the system and "computer says no", then they try and guess which one of your details was the cause.

If you ask one of the Sky guys here to have a closer look, I'm sure they'll tell you exactly what parameters are causing the problems if they can.

Ok then,

Just rang Adrian Flux.......£669 for the year......:) Considering that other companies have been keeping their barge pole away from me, I don't think it's a bad quote for a single!!

Watch this space??

H.

***runs off to hide cheque book and put freeze on bank account***:D

Vicki x