The official Series 12 Top Gear thread.

jamesmark

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JC: "The Corvette is stuck in British Home Stores!"

Brilliant.

The rest of the show was cack, but that was brilliant.

:)

Yes, that was a great feature. The Corvette was stunning.

I wonder how much it cost (or how difficult it was to explain), to remove the tyre marks from BHS shop floor!

You can tell the credit crunch is hitting hard, as that was filmed on a saturday morning! ;)

Buy one teddy, and get a free car. I'm off to Birthday's right now :)

When Hammond said about the Caterham and you cannot be seen in one etc etc! I thought rubbish and after seeing that silver monstrosity he compared it to I was thinking "Dear God, what sh!te are you talking?". Evertime I see someone in a Caterham I do not think they are geeks or dweebs, I think they are ar$eholes!!! As they own one and I don't :(

Only reason I have not bought a Caterham (or similar) is she who must be obeyed would have a fit. :D

It's a good point about the electric cars, they still need fossil fuels to be used to create the power they use, their range is hopeless, and reliability is useless! Honda are leading the way it seems... But what are the effects of water comiong out of cars in the long-term? Will our new threat be drowning due to mass amounts of rain they will cause?

It's a good point about the electric cars, they still need fossil fuels to be used to create the power they use, their range is hopeless, and reliability is useless! Honda are leading the way it seems...

How do we get Hydrogen though? Through electrolysis, which (currently) uses VAST amounts of energy, which again comes from the same place. I'm guessing the main reason Honda have gone for a small trial in a few locations across the world (about 500 cars IIRC?) is because any more than that and we wouldn't be able to produce Hydrogen quick enough! :p

There really is no way around the laws of this universe, you can't get something for nothing, you can't create energy from nowhere, there are simply too many people on the planet to be driving everywhere!!!

Maybe the waste water could be used to fuel an electrolysis machine that produces Hydrogen from the air!! :sly:

How do we get Hydrogen though? Through electrolysis, which (currently) uses VAST amounts of energy, which again comes from the same place.

That's a good point. I was actually wondering how they got the hydrogen!

It costs the same as petrol too, so it's not really saving us any money?!

How do we get Hydrogen though? Through electrolysis, which (currently) uses VAST amounts of energy, which again comes from the same place. I'm guessing the main reason Honda have gone for a small trial in a few locations across the world (about 500 cars IIRC?) is because any more than that and we wouldn't be able to produce Hydrogen quick enough! :p

There really is no way around the laws of this universe, you can't get something for nothing, you can't create energy from nowhere, there are simply too many people on the planet to be driving everywhere!!!

Maybe the waste water could be used to fuel an electrolysis machine that produces Hydrogen from the air!! :sly:

What about this little beauty. I wonder if it does actually work :)

http://www.hydrogencarsnow.com/hydrogen-generators-cars.htm