The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The official Series 12 Top Gear thread.

jamesmark

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My all time favourite car at last, gorgeous in every way (IMO).

Gotta agree with you there, looks even better in motion than those pics you keep posting up. :)

The Veyron could only manage 5th fastest car 1:18.3. :( Moving on .......

Lesson learned- Weight is very bad for going around corners.

Still rather take the Bugatti for a blast down to the Med *we need a dream smiley*

To be honest mate, you didn't really miss much, it was a bit of a dull one I thought...:(

What...! :shock: You weren't riveted by the Economy Race :D

Gotta agree with you there, looks even better in video than those pics you keep posting up. :)

Lesson learned- Weight is very bad for going around corners.

Still rather take the Bugatti for a blast down to the Med *we need a dream smiley*

What...! :shock: You weren't riveted by the Economy Race :D

Of course I was! :rolleyes: :D

And the veyron was not done justice tonight,it is a truly stunning bit of automotive engineering.

Explain please. Do you feel that they should have just kept going until they got the fastest time in it?

It was beaten by a less powerful but much lighter car arguably more suited to the TG track.

It's nothing to cry about.

The long wait is nearly over, the Stig does a power lap in the Bugatti Veyron for this Sunday's episode. :)

Will its torque be superior to the Gumpert's handling....? :confused:

Does he indeed? On the TG website it says he goes really fast in a Pagani Zonda F.

I see you were both right in the end though. :)

After watching it again I thought the Veyron could have gone faster.

Reason... The stig must have been told to take it steady around the track because he did not clip a single corner and was a mile from the tyre wall when he went past it. All the other super cars he has driven he has cut the apex of every corner and moved the tyre wall with the pressure wave created.

Probably the owner said, " one scratch and you'll pay! "

Explain please. Do you feel that they should have just kept going until they got the fastest time in it?

It was beaten by a less powerful but much lighter car arguably more suited to the TG track.

It's nothing to cry about.

Well the Veyron beat the Zonda in a straight line, so it's obviously more powerful, but the Zonda's lighter weight meant it could corner better. Both amazing cars which both have there strong points and weaknesses.

I cant believe the price though, £800k?!?!? :shock:

£825k wasn't it? My girlfriend commented you could buy about 6 houses for that! :D