The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The official Series 12 Top Gear thread.

jamesmark

Classic TG again :D

I've not laughed so much in ages. Although I knew it was all staged the truck thing was just so hilarious.

"I think I've damaged the lights at the front and rear"

"It's worse than that, it's not there!"

"Well where is it?!"

:rlol: Yawning Labrador driving the Lambo :rlol:

Those bits were brilliant

:rlol:

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gentle little :bump:, on tonight 8pm.

I wonder if JC will comment about the 'murder prostitutes', will he either.....

A: - Make a smart arse comment and tell them to shut up.

B: - Apologise for his comments as the BBC are running scared.

C: - Say nothing at all.

I am rooting for A.

Don't care really - tonight is the new Dodge Challenger and the Corvette ZR1. (Oh - and the Cadillac CTS-V I think)

I reckon they'll slag off the cars to high heaven, but I just want to see/hear them being thrashed! Especially the ZR-1. Did you hear it's now done a 7min 22sec lap of the 'ring at the hands of GT-1 Corvette Racing Team driver Jan Magnusson?

Was brilliant. Loved the episode, especially as Stephen Fry was on 1 afterwards with yet more breathtaking scenery.

I really liked the Cadillac CTS-V for some reason, now really like it after reading this:

For 2009, the new Cadillac CTS-V is set to be released.[1] In order to be class competitive with the BMW M-Series, Audi S and RS-series, and Mercedes-Benz AMG lineup, the Cadillac must be able to produce more power than the previous generation's LS6 and LS2 V8s were able to generate.

A supercharged 6.2 liter LSA V-8, based on the LS9 V-8 from the recently released Corvette ZR1, is the powerplant in the 2009 CTS-V. It produces 556 hp (415 kW) and 551 lb·ft (747 N·m) of torque.[1] [2] The LSA engine has a bore and stroke of 4.06 x 3.62 inches (103.25 x 92.0 mm).[1] There are two transmission choices, a six speed transmission with a short-throw shifter and dual clutch surface flywheel, or a paddle shift conventional (planetary gearing and torque converter-based) automatic six speed.[3] There will also be LED flash tracers to tell the driver when to shift. For the first time, Cadillac will offer 14-way adjustable performance Recaro seats which keeps the driver planted while cornering at high speeds. To improve the handling and comfort, the 2009 CTS-V uses Delphi Corporation’s MagneRide technology. The dampers, filled with magnetorheological fluid, are adjusted based on sensor readings that happen at 1ms intervals. The power-to-weight ratio of the CTS-V is similar to that of the Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG, which was labeled as the fastest sedan that Edmunds.com has ever tested.[4]

The 2009 CTS-V has a base price of US$59,995, and is available for purchase as of November 1st 2008.[5] U The CTS-V achieved a lap time of 7:59.32 at the famed Nürburgring Nordschleife. It is believed to be the fastest and the first documented time for a production sedan on factory tires.[6]

Official 0-60 mph time for the 2nd-generation CTS-V is 3.9 seconds, while the quarter mile is run at 12.0 seconds at 118 mph (190 km/h).[7]