The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ebay Antics again...

JustGav

Apparently now it is within eBay's rules to just pull an item because you aren't getting what you want for it now....

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us regarding the listing of the CPU (item

x) by the seller "server.emporium". I understand your concern since you made a bid for this item however the seller ended the listing.

Please understand that all eBay members have the right to choose their trading partners. Just as a buyer has the option of choosing trading partners by choosing which auctions to bid on, a seller also has the option of choosing trading partners by rejecting or accepting bids.

Because of this, sellers may cancel bids and end a listing at their discretion. I understand the inconvenience this may cause you, and I do sympathise.

I trust this information is helpful and wish you all the best for your future trading on eBay.

Kind regards,

Annie Maddox

eBay Trust & Safety

Learn more about buying and selling safely on eBay. Visit the eBay "Safety Centre" by clicking on the link at the bottom of the eBay homepage.

The place really has become a complete joke lately really, what is the point of bidding on things if the seller can just pull it without a reason other than the obvious 'I wanted more money'

PayPal is the biggest joke going! Would your bank limit your account until further information is provided? Are they legally allowed to put a hold on funds until they say its ok? At the end of the day its your money! Sorry to hijack, just needed my rant....

I hate them both.

I was selling something with a starting bid of £400.

So i get a message from a potential buyer " will you take £350?" derrrrr.

And another on the same item, postage was £40.

"I will buy them now for £400 including delivery"

I also put please contact me if you less than 5 feedbacks. So a guy who has none places several bids and got a few choice words in a message but did reply "sorry im new to ebay". I reply "Does that mean if your new to ebay you are unable to read?"

Why do i always get the special bidders?

I have to say, to date ive not had any major gripes with ebay themselves... although some of the users are complete tools. Im trying to sell my old car on there at the moment, and despite saying in capitals on the first line 'NO SWAP OFFERS PLEASE' Ive still had 3 or 4 people asking if I would like to swap for their vectra v6 etc etc :rolleyes::blink:

Apparently now it is within eBay's rules to just pull an item because you aren't getting what you want for it now....

The place really has become a complete joke lately really, what is the point of bidding on things if the seller can just pull it without a reason other than the obvious 'I wanted more money'

Surely though thats why you put a reserve on something so that you at least get what you want for it and anymore than that is a bonus?

If they hadn't put a reserve on it they shouldn't be allowed to remove the sale just cause they can!!

I haven't used ebay for a while and from the sound of it it's better to stay clear.

I do wonder if anyone has anything positive to say about either eBay or Paypal?

Has anyone on the forum *never* had a bad experience with either? Would be an interesting poll.

I've never had a bad experience with eBay. Oh wait, that's cos I've heard so many horror stories I never signed up :p

ebay and paypal policies are ambiguous and without basis.

I recently sold a text book on there and followed their 'then' rules. Namely, not dispatching the item to the purchaser until the funds had cleared as the purchaser supplied an unconfirmed address.

The next day, the purchaser emailed me and said,"When are you sending the item?" I answered that the payment usually cleared in 3 days and would dispatch immediately.

I then got a number of emails from the person telling me to send now and that they are trustworthy. This only added to my concern. True to my word however, I sent the item as soon as the funds appeared in my bank account. This all being by the fourth working day since the item had ended.

I then received Negative feedback from the person saying that I took a week to dispatch and did not reply until questioned where the item was!!!!

Ebay say that even though I followed THEIR procedures, they would not take off the negative feedback as then it would be as though they were expressing an opinion!!!

A*@%holes!!!

I haven't had any serious issues with ebay or paypal themselves (it's probably only a matter of time), but I hate the fact that sellers can't leave negative feedback (have I got that right?)

Yep.

They really annoy me to eBay. They are now introducing mandatory maximum postage charges. They claim to protect buyers from being ripped off.... I'm certain its so that selers have to push prices up to cover postage losses and thus eBay get more money.

Ebay is a necessary evil I'm afraid, can't see anything ever being able to compete with it. There's a lot of scams etc but as long as you use common sense then Ebay can be a good thing.

My only gripe are the charges for both Ebay and Paypal, rediculous. But they can and do charge what they like, who's their competition??

It used to be like that with Autotrader a few years back. Every other month the magazine price and ad fees were increased, they could charge what they wanted as they had no competition. You pretty much had to use them to sell your car succesfully.

Yeah but surely it's cheaper to put a reserve on it than pay to re-list it again?

Probably depends on the reserve price you have in mind.

:)

Must admit on the very few occasions I've used a reserve all I get is questions from peeps asking what the reserve price is

:taped:

more irritating when I fixed a price at £20 or best offer, and was e-mailed with an offer of £2 - thanks, but I'll pass on that

:blink:

how many of you if you where offered more than your reserve price would end the auction early especially if the where no bids and time was running out ????
Hell yes, I would.

My only gripe are the charges for both Ebay and Paypal, rediculous. But they can and do charge what they like, who's their competition??

I sold some things off last year having not been a seller before. Those double charges really stung! :(

Paypal and ebay are the same company now anyway... the only real competitor is google payments. I for one would welcome google market to help level the playing field a little.