The mkiv Supra Owners Club

thieves!!! im seriously out of idea's now.

adnanshah247

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was about £80 but that was for a low barrier that clamps into the ground. It stops the garage door opening.

I think you'll need the post that raises.

http://www.barriersdirect.co.uk/categories/1_parking_posts?gclid=CIDWn9OOzZYCFQ2Y1QodZSPmyg

There you go mate. Plenty there.

Cheers

G

thank you so much bud. the barriers arent too expensive yet ill have to go and find someone to install it.

thank you so much bud. the barriers arent too expensive yet ill have to go and find someone to install it.

No hassles mate - plenty there that should do the job. That should stop them, plus if you get the light people have mentioned cant see them going for it.

G

Guest sunnyG83
mum would go nuts if i bought a dog. not really acceptable in my religion. but a dog would be brilliant, i'd train it to rip off............

Whoops should of thought about that angle :)

My friend seemed to have this problem a few years back. His was only a GTE Astra but still he came up with quite a good idea. A simple switch wired into the ignition which has to be on for the car to start, mount it somewhere secret ie under your seat or under the center console and there you have it. They can break in as many times as they like but the car isnt going anywhere because they cant get it started. So simple but he said they gave up when he left them to it and they realised there was no hope in starting it. The only problem is your car is still able to be vandalised and, without a garage, thats going to be difficult to overcome.

I had a switch like that. In bed one night and heard a car trying to turn over. Well the drive was on a slope and by the time I realised what was happening, my car was in the main road and pointing up the street. But hah ha suckers coz they couldn't start it and made their escape in another car which I got the number for.... job done. Still kept the car and just had to replace the ignition switch.

Failing that mate. Ambush them with paintball guns and call the police. They won't get very far and they will think twice with a couple of well place paint balls in the lower knacker region.

Good luck with all the advice mate.

1. Put a camera on the drive with a motion sensored light. Big signs saying that there is a camera there.

2. Chips down on the drvieway (loud for when walkin on).

3. Wheel clamp (100quid and works a treat, just dont forget to take it off)

I had this problem so fixed it with the wheel clamp, and when they couldnt steal my car they decided to cycle a push bike over it leaving a rubber mark that took ages to t-cut off. W****RS

As said get a flood light. Either that or lie in wait with some friends dressed in balaclavas, wait for them to come. Then you catch the guy, cut of his hands and repeatedly beat him with them.

Im sure they wont come back again after that.

:rlol:

/////////////////////////////

It sounds like you have taken some good steps to securing the car mate...

but this is what I would do...(although the option above does sound tempting)

2 powerful halogen spotlights on your house wall with heat sensors so they come on when any movement on or near your drive is detected (you can adjust the spread and angle of the sensors on decent lights.) Apart from wiring it in to your house electrical supply you can get some decent 300 watters from B and Q for £20 each iirc

Also, a CCTV camera in the middle of them, also wired into your house. Although that means buying a full CCTv setup basically so if you want to save cash then a good dummy camera is better than nowt.

Also, as someone else suggested, removable steering wheel is a great idea.

Yes, technically if they came along with precisely the right type of boss, then they could have a steering wheel back, but it would stop 98% of thieves in their tracks I reckon

Guest CoolsBlue

dont sell you car just becuase other little twats cant keep away from it, set up a camera get their faces, and then you have 2 choices

1. hand it in to the police and hope they catch them...bet they wont

so...

2. find them, i bet you could if you got their faces, and set them up;) wont say no more:D

1. Put a camera on the drive with a motion sensored light. Big signs saying that there is a camera there.

2. Chips down on the drvieway (loud for when walkin on).

3. Wheel clamp (100quid and works a treat, just dont forget to take it off)

I had this problem so fixed it with the wheel clamp, and when they couldnt steal my car they decided to cycle a push bike over it leaving a rubber mark that took ages to t-cut off. W****RS

All good ideas. I was going to suggest a wheel clamp instead of the post, but you beat me to it. I like the idea of the chips too. :)

I had trouble up until about a year ago with kids messing around with my car. I had cameras/lights already in place and had various bits of footage of them trying to nick the valve caps etc and one shot of a lad trying to set off a firework on my driveway.

After another incident last November, I had had enough and called the Police out. (I'd already reported other incidents to them 'just for info' so I knew they would have a record of the history of what had been going on.) When they arrived, I already had the footage saved on a CD to take away with them and showed it to them on a laptop. One of the Policemen reckoned he had a fair idea of who was involved. He said he'd take the footage with him and would be 'having words'. Since then I haven't had one more spot of trouble with the local hoodies etc.

I think the fact that the cameras also recorded sound helped. One of them had a really distinctive (read squeaky!) voice.

Cameras & lights worked for me anyway.

Good luck in getting them to give up.