The mkiv Supra Owners Club

thieves!!! im seriously out of idea's now.

adnanshah247

people i am seriously stuck now, dont know what to do. a few months ago my car was almost stolen. i have put on a top end clifford alarm, i have a steering lock in place, a small wheel clamp and a gearbox lock yet my car is still being targeted by thieves.

3a.m. last night my alarm started going nuts and a neighbour told me somebody was messing with it again. i really dont know what to do now. its becoming a constant thing now and seriously i dont want to wake up one morning and my cars gone. a lot of garages in my area have been broken into so i dont even feel like renting a garage. easy option would be to sell the car but i have worked too hard for it and not going to sell it for years to come!

any ideas on what i can do?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

on my drive way. i really like the idea of the removable steering wheel, but doesnt that mean if they have 'another' steering wheel they can simply push it on and use it?

Only if its the same make, I dont know if you can get some which are like locking wheel nuts.(so he would have to find out the make and as long as you dont leave steering wheel in be quite diffcult) unless he has full car knicking kit with him!

however if a thief is that prepared you wont stop them at all.

best thing i can suggest is if parking on a driveway is a light that lights the driveup when it detects movement. Him being underflood light will make him run off.

As said get a flood light. Either that or lie in wait with some friends dressed in balaclavas, wait for them to come. Then you catch the guy, cut of his hands and repeatedly beat him with them.

Im sure they wont come back again after that.

lol, i do have a flood light, yet they still come. what good will a camera do? the couple of times someone has come they have had hoodies on or hats etc. i do believe they are little youths and when i catch them there going to get there heads smashed in

My friend seemed to have this problem a few years back. His was only a GTE Astra but still he came up with quite a good idea. A simple switch wired into the ignition which has to be on for the car to start, mount it somewhere secret ie under your seat or under the center console and there you have it. They can break in as many times as they like but the car isnt going anywhere because they cant get it started. So simple but he said they gave up when he left them to it and they realised there was no hope in starting it. The only problem is your car is still able to be vandalised and, without a garage, thats going to be difficult to overcome.

Get a camera up on the wall of your house.

Then you can watch some dark-clothed hoodies with no identifyable features steal the car... Unless they don't cover their face and try to steal it in the day then cameras aren't really much help.

All I can suggest is get a bollard put in at the end of your drive, one that you padlock down. They'll need serious cutting equipment to get it shifted, which will definately draw attention to themselves! With a bollard in the way, they will NEVER be able to steal the car.

Can't imagine how stressful it must be wondering when the next attempt will be on your car. The best things are deterants, to stop them even attempting to steal the car. That way you don't get the damage that comes along with theft attempts.

Do you have proxy sensors on the car? Best to set them to sensative so if anyone comes too close to the car it beeps at them, then the alarm sounds if they don't scatt!

dude your a star, that ground pole is brilliant. nobody will be able to get through that! are they expensive? saves the car from being towed away as well. nobody will be able to get it off the drive!

i have proxy sensors, but the way these b*stards approach the car they know there things so do it really slowly so it doesnt beep.

I would definately do the floodlight idea, the other ideas above are ok with detering the theives but if they cant steal it I would be worried they'd key it or do some damage instead.

the w*nkers all ready have, my car used to be silver and were they have tried putting screwdrivers or something down the the side of the door is all scratched up and the silver/primer is showing.

My mate got a car cover for his car, but it kept setting off the proxy sensor! :rlol:

Also they hold moisture inside, which isn't good for the car!

Floodlights are good in theory, but the only thing I can think that they actually do is help the theives see what they're doing!

Alarms and lighting is all good in theory, but really, who takes that much notice?

When you hear a house or car alarm going off, do you go to check it out, or just sigh and wait for it to either be turned off or fade into the background? Do you notice anyone's motion detecting light coming on when you're sitting inside watching TV?

The bollard is the best one i can think of as well.

I had my garage broken into where my supe was kept. Best bit about it was that they got disturbed when they were trying to steal my gauges etc.

We managed to work out one of them managed to knock the valve on the Carbon Dioxide system in the car and must have thought it was Nos....suffice to say musdt have cleared out the car pretty quick when the whole thing filled with the dry mist from the CO2! :D :d :D

Anyways back on track...since then we have fitted a stop at the bottom of the garage which is cemented deep into the groud. No chance of moving that without some big chains and a 4x4.

must look into moving my 4x4 incase they are smart enough to bring the chains! :innocent: