The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I got scared while out running!

RedM

I live in a small village and when I go for a run I can be in the countryside within a few minutes. So, tonight I head down a country lane that I've run tens of times before. This time, though, it's dark. Not just dark. It's really dark. The trees were blocking out what moonlight there was and all I had was my little headlight.

It gives off a clear light but it's only good for about 10 meters tops. It's mostly just for making sure of where you step.

Anyhow, it's dark and I'm in a country lane about a half mile from the nearest house when I hear a snarling noise.

Not a bark like a dog would make. Not a growl but a snarl.

It gets worse. I then hear something in the tree-line at the side of the road and it's keeping pace! :blink:x10!!

I'm at the top of a descent so I run like f*ck down it and whatever it was that was 'chasing' me hit a field boundary. I hear one more snarl and then I'm gone.

WTF?

I was so crapping myself that I run, no, sprinted up the climb that follows the descent and didn't slw down until I hit the main road.

I'm not running that way again. I'll take my chances with the cars on the main roads and try to forget the voice of Brian Glover.... "Stay off the moor"!!!!!

never run away

Erm...yeah! I can see that being good advice when, for example, a kitten is chasing you down but what if you don't know what it is?

Rabid fox. Rampant badger. I could have been somethings dinner, breakfast, lunch and maybe dinner again. I haven't lost that much weight yet!

Ooo er

I use to walk down some back road track to (try) to keep fit whilst walking the dog.

One night i saw some eyes shining in the moonlight and just thought nothing of it, glanced around again and saw a silouette of a large dog sized animal.

Shite me self a little bit

Week later "big cat prints" found and published in the local paper

Never did i return to that spot!

Id imagine youll never run that way again too!

Take a very powerful small torch next time. At least then you'll know WTF is was.

That'll no doubt come as a great comfort in final few seconds before it eviscerates me and eats my face off. :blink:

I'm thinking of going running with a small armoury.

I live in a small village and when I go for a run I can be in the countryside within a few minutes. So, tonight I head down a country lane that I've run tens of times before. This time, though, it's dark. Not just dark. It's really dark. The trees were blocking out what moonlight there was and all I had was my little headlight.

It gives off a clear light but it's only good for about 10 meters tops. It's mostly just for making sure of where you step.

Anyhow, it's dark and I'm in a country lane about a half mile from the nearest house when I hear a snarling noise.

Not a bark like a dog would make. Not a growl but a snarl.

It gets worse. I then hear something in the tree-line at the side of the road and it's keeping pace! :blink:x10!!

I'm at the top of a descent so I run like f*ck down it and whatever it was that was 'chasing' me hit a field boundary. I hear one more snarl and then I'm gone.

WTF?

I was so crapping myself that I run, no, sprinted up the climb that follows the descent and didn't slw down until I hit the main road.

I'm not running that way again. I'll take my chances with the cars on the main roads and try to forget the voice of Brian Glover.... "Stay off the moor"!!!!!

i am in tears :lol: brilliant!

i have had a similar experience i just screemed and ran! :)

that sounds like when i was rock climbing in canada, it turned out to be a massive mountain goat and trucks going over the cattle grid at the bottom of the mountain it sounded like a bear growling :rlol: fastest ever 3 pitch climb ive ever done i was near doing free rope climbing there was that much slack the guy on be-lay couldnt keep up