The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UK Supra!

florian

To register it in France, the car MUST be originaly sold in europe.

If it's not, I've got to change A LOT of part to have a chance to register the car.

Every glass, lights, wheels, tires, seats, bumpers, seat belt ... must have the "CE" emblem on it...

i doubt everyone else feels the same way but when/if i come to sell my uk spec car im not letting it go abroad unless i get more than my asking price. Uk cars are getting rarer and rarer and should stay here. :)

I understand that, but I saw a couple of announcement few time ago on pistonhead and here. I hope a last one will be for sale, just for me :D

Can't you replicate the CE emblem and pretend it's a UK car? I don't think they'd check each car that comes into the country thoroughly enough to deem if it is infact a UK car or not. It's pretty much the same car anyway...

I vote for you :)

Unfortunately, it's not so simple, because of a lot of things, like the VIN number, and a lot of things that I forgot...

I was PM'd by another member from France recently, as there is a number on the VIN plate that must be there to legally register a car in France (according to him - can't remember what form it takes, but it's at the very top of my daily drive VIN plate, starts with an E I believe).

This number is not on my Supra's VIN plate, and he said it was introduced on cars in Europe in 1996. If that's correct, it could rule out most UK cars as well...

i doubt everyone else feels the same way but when/if i come to sell my uk spec car im not letting it go abroad unless i get more than my asking price. Uk cars are getting rarer and rarer and should stay here. :)

Definitely concur with that sentiment, but if a time came when I needed the money quickly, I'd sell to whoever presented the money first.

nothing wrong with 130k. mine has done that.

Only just run in :)

I bought a Supra from Baz for a friend, the car has 170k, and it drives very well!

Exemple of bargain I saw past weeks :

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250294646297&indexURL=0&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=158762

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.