The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mclaren f1

erol_h

if money were no option i'd choose the Maclaren everytime. A lot more pedigree than any volkswagen. Plus its a motoring legend.

That's true but you are sat right in the centre of the car and various reports that I have heard, it's not very easy to drive at all...

The Veyron is and has 2 seats and 'goes' the same too...

But given the choice and if I was Sir Richard Branson, the Mclaren for me too...:)

And a Veyron...:cool: :D

for me the veyron is a bit of a failure as a hyper car. if you look at what makes these cars cool, the veyron only has one thing going for it and thats speed, it toally lacks looks and it doesn't sound that amazing either especially compared to a naturally aspirated v12 making over 100hp/ltr. As you can probably guess i really dont like veyron's:)

The Veyron is quicker only in a straightline though, from what people who've driven both have said (Tiff, primarily).

In saying that, if the McLaren was doing 120mph and the Veyron was at standstill and they both accelerated as hard as possible, the Veyron would get to 200mph first.

Guest banjo_bob
That's true but you are sat right in the centre of the car and various reports that I have heard, it's not very easy to drive at all...

The Veyron is and has 2 seats and 'goes' the same too...

The McLaren has 3 seats, centre seat for driver, and one each side behind for passengers.

In saying that, if the McLaren was doing 120mph and the Veyron was at standstill and they both accelerated as hard as possible, the Veyron would get to 200mph first.

I've heard that before and i really wont believe it untill top gear or fifth gear or something actually does it and films it being done. Not saying its not true but its not like a maclaren F1 is slow and giving it a 120mph headstart and still beating it to 200 would be a stretch in my mind, especially as seeing the f1 has a higher power to weight ratio than a veyron and a lower COD.

I've heard that before and i really wont believe it untill top gear or fifth gear or something actually does it and films it being done. Not saying its not true but its not like a maclaren F1 is slow and giving it a 120mph headstart and still beating it to 200 would be a stretch in my mind, especially as seeing the f1 has a higher power to weight ratio than a veyron and a lower COD.

Compared the torque figures...? ;)

It's true technically I think, it's just irrelevant. It's not like the Veyron would catch the F1 - the fact that it accelerates to 200 a bit faster makes no difference, the F1 would be so far ahead it wouldn't be caught for a very long time. So who cares? That's assuming you'd locked the Veyron into top speed mode too so it's pretty much incapable of cornering.

I would have the F1 any day given a choice. The torque figures are misleading as the Veyron is higher geared to reach it's top speed, so less of that torque reaches the wheels. That's why it's pretty irrelevant that diesels have more torque than petrols - they are higher geared because they rev lower so less reaches the wheels.

Hypercars are not supposed to be easy to drive. They should be a challenge. And as for designing your own, they say the fastest way to make a small fortune in the UK car industry is to start with a large one... ;)