The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Channel 4 - boobs

michael

What is it with you and random new threads tonight my friend?!

P.s. I hate him

P.p.s I mean Gok

I like Gok, he's cunning - what other man has managed to get so many naked / semi-naked women on prime-time TV on a weekly basis?

He was in Leeds the other week, I considered a visit to the fashion show thing to thank him.

Who?

Gok Wan (born Ko-Hen Wan which means "Noisy Big City" in Cantonese)

Born 9 October 1974 in Leicester.

Gok is a fashion consultant, author and television presenter.

Wan lives in London and is openly gay. He has two brothers, one is an accomplished martial artist and teaches Jeet Kune Do in Leicester, the other is currently studying at Manchester Metropolitan University. He also has an older sister who is a lawyer.

Over the last 10 years, Wan has worked with many celebrities including Bryan Ferry, All Saints, Damien Lewis, Erasure, Vanessa Mae, Wade Robson, Lauren Laverne, Wet Wet Wet, and Johnny Vaughan. His work has been published internationally in several magazines, which include Tatler, Glamour, Times Style, Marie Claire, Cosmopolitan, The Face, Afisha Mir, Clash and People. He has also worked with photographers such as Rankin, Mike Owen and Jason Joyce.

Wan has also worked as an "on-screen" fashion consultant on many television shows including: MTV Shakedown (MTV Europe), GMTV (ITV), LK Today (ITV), Big Brother's Little Brother (Channel 4), Battle of the Sexes (BBC1), The Wright Stuff (Five), Make Me a Grown Up (Channel 4/T4), The Xtra Factor (ITV2) and T4 (Channel 4).

In 2006, Wan was approached by Channel 4 and asked to present his own fashion show, How to Look Good Naked. In addition, he wrote a book to accompany the series, entitled How to Look Good Naked: Shop for Your Shape and Look Amazing!, that was published in April 2007. A second series was commissioned and was broadcast on Channel 4 in mid-2007. Along with the second series, he appeared on The New Paul O'Grady Show, in which he persuaded Paul O'Grady to strip "naked". A third series was shown in early 2008. His new series, entitled Gok's Fashion Fix was broadcast on Channel 4 in mid-2008. Wan is noted for his enthusiastic use of the words "literally" and "bangers" (his word for breasts).

Wan wrote a book titled How to Dress: Your Complete Style Guide for Every Occasion which was released by HarperCollins on 1 October 2008. The book was praised by both Heat magazine and Closer for its sensitive and feel-good approach to a style guide. He also has contracts with lingerie firm SimplyYours.co.uk where he has a range of shapewear lingerie, including a 'banger booster' bra, and Dorothy Perkins, which has instore and online tips from Gok on styling its clothing lines.

His new series Miss Naked Beauty, which he co-presents with Myleene Klass, aired on 21 October 2008 and was the reason for this thread.

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/organgrinder/GokWan440.jpg