The mkiv Supra Owners Club

F1: Chinese Grand Prix *Spoilers*

michael

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was it me, or was Lewis beaten with a big stick by his father. He was much more humble, and certainly there was a lot more "We" in his words. Fair play to Ferrari for giving him credit where it was due. I still can't shake off the feeling that Lewis has been force fed a bit of humble pie and read the riot act. His father's face when he was on the podium just said 'Now son, that is how you do it, and no more of silly $#@!, okay!'

Definitely agree mate, I was thinking theres been *such* a change in his attitude in the last week he's obviously had a stern talking too. It worked though :D

Gaz.

If I was him I'd just follow the Ferrari's all the way round the Brazilian track, smiling and waving :D

I'm almost tempted to place a bet that Kimi and Lewis will be involved in an incident in Brazil, I really hope not though, hoping Heiki can be a player too and take points away from Ferrari too for the contructors title.

Gaz.

What I don't get from China is why Heikki - ignoring his obvious brake issue that led to retirement etc - was fuelled so heavily?! He had 3-4 laps more fuel on board than Massa...if he hadn't he could have pitted the lap before Lewis, started from the front row and generally been a real PITA. Why hasn't he done a low fuel flyer to protect Lewis/score more WCC points?! It's very odd.

What I don't get from China is why Heikki - ignoring his obvious brake issue that led to retirement etc - was fuelled so heavily?!

It wasnt his brakes that led to retirement. Thats just what ITV said at the time... good ole ITV. :D

At the end of the re-run program they mentioned it was too do with air pressure or something similar to do with the engine and they didnt want to risk damaging it for the next race so stopped him.

It wasnt his brakes that led to retirement. Thats just what ITV said at the time... good ole ITV. :D

At the end of the re-run program they mentioned it was too do with air pressure or something similar to do with the engine and they didnt want to risk damaging it for the next race so stopped him.

Yes but he also had an obvious brake issue...I'm wondering if they've set him up to get a fresh engine in Brazil due to damage...so they can all out attack for the win with Heikki in Brazil. That would rub it in if McLaren win there with their 2nd driver ;)

Alonso and Kimi both have good manners on the track they would not take LH off.

Alonso, for me is the most complete driver. Lewis is the outright fastest. Kubica very close. Kimi is 4th.

I agree Kimi is a 'good mannered' driver but not Alonso. His display last year on the first lap of Spa was enough to show that he is prepared to crash rather than let Hamilton win.

There are rumours that Alonso has said that he will 'help' Massa if he is in a position to do so.

So I think Hamilton has a tough job to do next race. To watch out for both Kimi and Alsono doing their best to 'hinder' him in whater ever manner they choose.

There are rumours that Alonso has said that he will 'help' Massa if he is in a position to do so.

So I think Hamilton has a tough job to do next race. To watch out for both Kimi and Alsono doing their best to 'hinder' him in whater ever manner they choose.

Whilst I agree with you, wasn't that what Kimi & Alonso were supposed to do in the last race? :)

Interlagos permutations: (yes I cut & pasted it from somewhere)

If Lewis Hamilton finishes fifth or higher in the Brazilian GP on November 2, he will be crowned world champion irrespective of other results.

If Hamilton finishes sixth, rival Felipe Massa would need to win to draw level on 97 points (and then take the title on a countback, by six victories to five).

If he finishes seventh, Massa would still need to win (to take the title 97-96).

If Hamilton finishes eighth, Massa could afford to finish second. They would then be level on 95 points and five victories, but Massa would have three

second places to Hamilton's two.

If the two title rivals were to be eliminated, by clashing with each other or anybody else, Hamilton would be champion.

If Hamilton fails to score, Massa must finish first or second to become Brazil's fourth world champion, after Emerson Fittipaldi, Nelson Piquet and Ayrton Senna.

How about Lewis qualifies near Massa and just takes both of them out on the first corner? That way he doesn't have to do the full race and can go and celebrate the championship win while the others are busy driving around in circles.

Maybe his team mate could push him into Massa to shift the blame?