The mkiv Supra Owners Club

F1: Chinese Grand Prix *Spoilers*

michael

:zzz:

The awkward press conference was probably the highlight, Massa and Raikkonen seemed to have different opinions about how the place swap happened. Respect to the Raik for being more honest :)

“It (closing stages) was the best time for me on the race, I was quite strong, and I caught him (Raikkonen) and I passed him so that was a good part of the race.

We know what we want as a team, and that's what we did - it's normal in this situation.

I know what the team expects and what we wants for our results.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye, what a bloody boring race, the only good bit was LH's start, then I just struggled to stay awake...

Agree about the press conference, you'd have thought they'd have planned what to say beforehand...

Are the results finalised now? Or will the stewards give LH a 25 second penalty for not causing any incidents?...

Subsequently, after the 2002 Austrian Grand Prix incident where Rubens Barrichello was ordered to allow Ferrari teammate Michael Schumacher to pass in order to obtain the win, "Team Orders that could influence the outcome of a race" were banned in F1 regulations, although they are sometimes still implemented discreetly. For example, this has sometimes been achieved as easily as a team getting on the radio to the slower driver and pointing out that his teammate is quicker. The slower driver then lets the quicker driver through without the need for an overt "directive" from the team

They should be pulled up on this but no doubt will not.

if the drivers have an agrement then its not team orders lol:p

Indeed, there were no official orders... on the day at least, who knows what they decide beforehand - it didn't come as a shock though.

As Raikkonen said he knew what he needed to do and he did it, I suspect he would have preferred to keep racing but at the end of the day he's an employee and needs to keep the bosses happy.

McLaren should have left Kovalainen out with his dodgy brakes, brought him in for a pit stop and put him out between Raikkonen and Massa before they got chance to do the move :)

They should be pulled up on this but no doubt will not.

agree

I thought team orders as such on track were illegal....unless you are a Ferrari.

its the fine print in the Official FIA Rule Book

if the drivers have an agrement then its not team orders lol:p

Do you think that Kimi wanted to let him through? Ferrari has told him (beforehand) to let him through, I say that constitutes "team orders".

Was it me, or was Lewis beaten with a big stick by his father. He was much more humble, and certainly there was a lot more "We" in his words. Fair play to Ferrari for giving him credit where it was due. I still can't shake off the feeling that Lewis has been force fed a bit of humble pie and read the riot act. His father's face when he was on the podium just said 'Now son, that is how you do it, and no more of silly shit, okay!'