The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I have five grand in my hand waiting for a twin turbo

Edjames

oh its always been between a st205 or a supra but 4 has bad build qualtiy compared to supra so i decided a supra the 5 k budget is give or take 500 either way. i can afford the runnig cost with ease. its just i am not gonna up my budget atm people are skint someone will have the right car for sale im not in a rush i have a car at the mo.

gt4s are amazing cars they look so good but if u want to go fast it has to be a big engine

im toying with the idea of a corvette as well depends what comes along at the right price, il keep my eyes on the best deal.

supras seem to be the real deal tho. gt4's are amazing but at the end of the day there a tuned up celica almost maxed out.

supras are just starting out at 280hp i know the british are 320 but i wont get a british one. stupid japs having a gentlemans agreement.

Think you need to research a bit more and find out the facts. I have a mate with a GT4 and it's a beast! Very tuneable! And Supra TTs have more than 280bhp ;)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome mate, Some people on here are a litte rude so you will have to ignor them for now. Yes you can pick a TT up for around 5k and no not all of them will be a load of shat. I just sold my Supra for £5400 with 100k miles and it was in fantastic condition.

Now is the time to buy, Poeple are desprate to sell and im sure you could knock £500 off most the adds on Autotrader etc.

Oh and btw I have seen alot of shitty cars on this site so to say that all the cars here are A1 condition is bollux.

ps the jap Supras are 326bhp too.

I think looking now with 5k in your pocket is a good time! You will get something your happy with for that money I am sure.

Although your first post was a bit strongly worded I know what your getting at. I looked at a few before I bought mine and there are a lot of crappy ones about.

I also find it interesting that some of the club members look to defend everyone on here as having fantastic examples and how dare you mention the word 'junk'. I have been to a fair amount of meets over the years and know that some members on here do indeed have some pretty ropey cars....

hi,

don't worry about mileage you should be looking for history and reciepts. (especially when buying a tt)

i just sold my n/a with 118k on for double what some of the n/a manuals are going for as i had full history (inc jap)

if its been looked after it'll last forever!

good luck with your search.

hold out and you may find what your looking for :) I've seen 2 TT6's under £4500 this year, one went for £3500 (the guy had no idea what his car was worth!) seen a few around the 6k mark too, all were genuine bargins, not ropey crap :)

Good luck with your search, you will be able to get a straight, standard TT auto for around your budget, but you'll just have to bide your time.

Oh, and i'm afraid the 'newbie bashing' seems to be the norm these days :rolleyes: Don't take it to heart, this is a really good club once you get past the abuse!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A gentlemans agreement in japan meant they werent allowed to publish nor state the supra pushes out more than than 280bhp, the same applied for the R33 GTR. Even though both ran more than 300bhp. the Uk spec ran 326bhp stock and the j-spec around 315-320bhp although the uk spec has steels tubbies and bigger injectors the j-spec has sligghtly more torque. Flat out and de-limited theres not much between them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.