The mkiv Supra Owners Club

whats your worst accident or injury?

adnanshah247

When I was about 5 I was told not to run up the curly wurley slide in the park as other kids were coming down it....so naturally I ran up it, saw kids hurtling towards me, turned round and promptly lay down on thin air landing on the back of my head - div ! Result = nice scar on back of my head where brains were pushed back in !

At about 10 I went sprinting through the rope bridge thing on the side of the funhouse to find the roof lower than my head and a metal post crossing it in my way. My legs came flying out from under me and although the post was all padded up I hit it so fast I dont think it mattered any. Result = another head scar hidden by hair !

Couple years later I was swinging up on my arms in a cubby house we built at the end of the garden and kicking the plastic bag type roof sheeting to push collected rain water out. After about 30 seconds of that my leg swung down and lost a small chunk of calf on a nail or hinge or something. It was a clean rip and just looked like an old hole...for 15 seconds til half my blood supply gushed out and I started crying !!!! I now have a hang glider looking scar on my calf which is also hidden by fur !

My most triumphant accident though was at Paint Ball last year. Thinking I was Andy Mcnab I tried to save our losing game by dashing across a huge open kill ground dodging pellets like a pro only to stack it like a div and slide the rest of way on my knee cab. The clarret was impressive but I ignored it for the rest of the day and it was only when I went to the toilet in the pub a few hours later to clean it that I saw half of it was hanging off and when I say hanging I mean a huge chunk of my chicken like knee complete with hairs still in it was flapping by a bit of skin. I then went green n calmly walked out stating I was goin A and E lol. They stitched it back on which I though was grose and I now have a purple ring in the middle of my knee - sweet as all my other scars are hidden.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D

Luckily for me, the boys from CRD were in the pit next to the mkivsupra one and got the car jacked up again very quickly.

I can't remember why John didn't just jack the car up again himself - he was probably p!ssing himself laughing.

These days he'd just pick the car up with his bare hands.

I was smoking a cigarette at the time of the accident and Ian C was most amused that while I was trapped, with my free hand I was taking puffs on the ciggy between screams.

Your stories rock dude :) If you want to know the exact cry was "It's on me hand! It's on me hand! Ahh Ahh Ahh *puff* argh argh" :cool: I think you got "big hand" and "lend a hand" jokes for almost as long as I got timing gear jokes!

I've never really injured myself, barring an operation which doesn't really count, but one thing I can say which might trump most of you here is that I shot myself in the face once with a real gun.

While m'self and my chum Mark were enjoying a visit to the shooting range I've frequented for more years than I care to recall, I was halfway through a ten shot string with my Marlin (it's a .357Magnum lever action carbine, sexy) and upon firing the next shot my head immediately cracked backwards due to something clobbering my left cheek incredibly hard. I was, to say the least, somewhat stunned and shellshocked. Having been a shooter for years n years the first thing I did was unload the gun and safe it, then I reached up to my face and found about 20% of a .357Magnum bullet stuck in my cheek, 4cm below my left eye. Hmm, thought I, that's not right.

The backstop of the range is a massive 3" thick steel plate angled 45deg downwards to a load of sand, thus deflecting and stopping every bullet fired in a controlled manner. From a bit of a CSI investigation, it turns out that after some div had used steel cored rifle bullets, it had put some serious craters in the plate and I'd stuck my 357 into one of the craters. It had shaved a chunk off and sent it winging its way merrily back towards me, luckily with enough velocity lost to not kill me or break any bones, just to give me mild concussion.

Still, the evening got better as I found a modded BMW on the A47 on the way home and caned it to 170mph, showing who's boss. I excitedly told my housemate about the 'kill' on the way back, then mentioned the shooting incident and my headache. And that I was a bit 'fuzzy'. He asked where Mark was. I stared at him blankly. Apparently I'd taken him home, and it was 26 miles out of my way - to this day I don't remember any of that 70 mile journey barring the 170mph race :eek:

-Ian

erm... to be fair I think all of us on here will think your a bloody hero mate

:yeahthat:

Blimey. Good on you dude.

well in son, there ain't enough people in the world like you.

Thanks gents (he says with discomfort):)

In all honesty it’s the part i find most uncomfortable about the whole affair. People thinking i was a hero. She did too.. She also confused the whole affair with thinking she had feelings for me etc.

I was pretty stupid and naive in truth. Had i known in advance id have had a broken jaw and eating like a baby for three months id probably have walked on.

Can i ask what the tragic accident he had was?

He met his maker. So i was told.

He looked abit like Audley Harrison actually. He was a good 6'5 foot tall.

The best part of the story is only three of them got a years probation.

Apparently i had antagonised them.:)

Another strange occurrence happen that exact night a good 10mins before the incident. I had seen a shooting star. Honestly it felt like something was going to happen that night. But id not have second guessed any of what actually did.

I was actually making my way to a local petrol station to pick up the morning edition newspapers.

Amazing how as the years go by you calm as a person.

Anyway, just reading some of what you lot have gone thorough makes my experience feel quite subtle in pain making terms :D

Least i didn’t feel what was happening to me at the time..;)

Well mine i refrained from posting from page 2 but what the hell most of yours are worse anyway.

It was 2am and i went for a walk, as you do (don’t ask) when i heard a scream, ran towards that scream like a hero, to be confronted by a gang of 7 trying to rape a young girl in an old estate fly dipping zone thingy place.

Well, being 16 and very into Ninjitsu and boxing at the time, combined with thinking i was near invincible i asked them quite politely to let her go..:rolleyes:

Didn’t remember much of it, but i remember being picked up off the floor by an ambulance service with the inner skin of my mouth hanging out. My face bloated up so bad it resembled the elephant man i shit you not.

Combined with a broken jaw, and sucking on a straw for three months you could say i had a lot of aggression to channel.

I didn’t know what had happen at the time, but the girl saw it all. The whole affair ended up in court and with 3 very angry older brothers on the hunt.

I broke the arm of one, the knee cap of another and wrist of one other before i found myself jumped from behind and kicked the living daylights out of.

Ten years on and I have only personally shared that experience with a handful of people but what the hell, I am stronger for the experience as many of you will have been for yours.

Since that day I let out a lot of rage on many a heavy weight in the gym. I used to envisage seeing the main gang leader face to face one day.

Unfortunately that day would never come... He died two years later in a tragic accident.

Good on ye Axle, I probably would have done the same bacause that cowardly sh#t makes my blood boil, the guy got his comeuppance anyway. Good.

Here's my injuries and they will probably sound ridiculous but they're as true as I'm sitting here on the Bridge of the Starship Enterprise......... O.K. no they are true.

1 Fractured Scaphoid ( when I ran over my friends cat on my other friends Honda NS125F)

2. Scaphoid again ( after being horsed out of a disco by 4 Bouncers after hearing another friend had been badly injured in motorcycle accident and I went a bit silly :rolleyes: )

3. Scaphiod again (cant remember why)

4. Laceration of Thigh Muscle and Skin (crashed me VFR400 into a wooden elec' pole, anybody who was taping Young Guns on their video that night had their electricity cut by me :D )

5. Smashed me right Femur after ditching my passengers Microlight onto the beach because of an engine failure got a GK Nail inserted, investigation report - http://www.aaiu.ie/AAIUviewitem.asp?id=3938&lang=ENG&loc=1280

6. Fractured right Malleolus (ankle) after crashin me beautiful MR2 into a pillar

6. Fractured left Tibia after playin football/rugby at 6 in the mornin in a back garden after a 21 birthday, fell into a hedge and fell asleep and wasn't found until the next morning. :D

7. Walkin home one night stepped into an open drain with my hands in my pockets bounced my face off a pebble dash wall, was able to breath without opening my mouth through a hole in my upper lip, went for an operation the next morning after telling none of my family and nearly died on the operating table after I took an allergy to the Gas Thiopentone.

That's my lot havent' had anything serious in a few years now thank god. There is 1 or 2 more but we'll let them go. :D

4. Laceration of Thigh Muscle and Skin (crashed me VFR400 into a wooden elec' pole, anybody who was taping Young Guns on their video that night had their electricity cut by me :D )

Lool.

Your almost as unlucky as Jake.. Infact, are you both related?