The mkiv Supra Owners Club

WTF, anyone had this with paypal?

JamieP

Brought a gearbox from ebay and met the guy and payed him cash, then yesterday paypal pays him from my account:search: luckly he is a nice guy and refunds the money then today paypal does it again and he refunds it again??

bet you didnt know that paypal can keep any money that you make of any item for 180 days !!! and its within the law and there is nothing you can do about it

i had it done with 2,000 pounds its a nightmare

just put paypal sucks in google and you can read what people have had to go through

gl

geoff

Brought a gearbox from ebay and met the guy and payed him cash, then yesterday paypal pays him from my account:search: luckly he is a nice guy and refunds the money then today paypal does it again and he refunds it again??

:wtf:

Like everyone has said, I would get onto Ebay and Paypal about that!!

Dodgey as hell!!

Canceled the direct debits to paypal and took both my cards off there, im not using them again. this is a complete pi$$ take.

Hi Jamie i would report this to watchdog and see if you can get them to make a big thing of it, print off all your receipts as well for evidence and future reference im sure your not the first and deffo wont be the last to be scammed by them.

Chris

• 1 month later...

Ooh another Paypal thread :)

I dont think they can make payments without your authorisation. If they have done that I would take it further.

I dont personally understand your story though.... how did paypal know about the transaction in the 1st place and know how and where to send the money? It doesn't make sense.

Also word of warning (I have learnt the hard way) never accept paypal and then hand deliver because paypal will refund the buyer automatically if they complain and you cannot provide a tracking number... hence a huge and regular con is to pay via paypal and then collect and complain to paypal once it is in their hands.... it doesn even matter of you have a contract that the other guy signs since Paypal cant tell for sure if it is the buys sig etc.

Ooh another Paypal thread :)

I dont personally understand your story though.... how did paypal know about the transaction in the 1st place and know how and where to send the money? It doesn't make sense.

I won the auction on ebay, meet the guy and payed cash, when i got home i left feedback on ebay and a few hours later the guy called me up to say the money had been payed into his paypal and he had refunded it:search: next day the same thing happened again, id not authorised any payments.