The mkiv Supra Owners Club

This running lark.....

RedM

haha chin, yes dont stop and talk or that could ache, I meant shin thou. Have you ever had shin splints? It feels like you have a break in the middle of your shin when you put pressure on it. I do jog but i keep active other ways too and have good experience in exercise. You should warm up and cool down after a jog that way you wont feel like cardboard in the morning.

I love running, my favourite exercise, mix it up with some Tabata sprints and with the right diet you should retain some muscle mass too

I'd mix in some resistance training though if your not doing anything at all, I lost a fair bit of weight purely through better diet and running/cardio exercises and lost a lot of strength too

Currently on a mass building diet and trying to calm the running down, feel like a fat b*$%^&£ though!

I always warm up and cool down... but I have to say I do kind of like that 'cardboard' feeling in the morning... feels like I've done something.. :innocent:

I do abit of martial arts (kick boxing) as well as training in the gym so pretty much all the time im in pain, But its worth the satisfaction. I fooked my left shoulder up by not warming up about a year ago, When i lift over a certain weight my shoulder clicks everytime, Im a small slim lad but i can lift about 10-20kg more than my body weight on bench press, anymore than that and my shoulder gives in, it feels like i can actually lift the weight i just cant lower my arms.

I dont know if anyone has already said this but make sure you stretch first as you will get pain in your chins and other places.

Actually, current thinking is that stretching before exercise is counter-productive. It's best to just set off gently, allowing plenty of time to warm-up. On your return you can then stretch as much as you like for up to an hour afterwards.