The mkiv Supra Owners Club

4" Downpipe and Midpipe (SP) Heat Wrapped

Kev.O

I looking at selling my 4" Sound Performance downpipe and midpipe setup. This has covered around 450 miles. It has the 3" connection to the turbo on the downpipe and I can sell it with or without the 4" to 2 bolt adaptor for the midpipe.

I have fully heat wrapped (over £120 plus 3 hours doing it) both pipes aswell as had an 18mm O2 bung welded on the midpipe for the sensor and sealed the other bung up on the top of the downpipe.

This is ready to be fitted straight onto your car, as I never had to modify anything. I'm keeping the v-bands though, so they will need to be bought separately!

Price wise, with the wrap left on and adaptor I'm looking at £450 plus postage

The only down side is a discolouring where some coolant got onto the top of the downpipe wrapping (it's a little white) and there is a small mark on the midpipe wrapping where I touched the pavement whilst driving onto a friends drive, but this hasn't marked the midpipe in anyway.

At the bottom of my drive there are loads of the silly one sided speed humps (ask Ryan :)), and with CW's suspension I can't get over them properly. I have to drive through the middle, which is starting to annoy me and the locals :D To be honest this is the only time I have an issue, just a shame I can't avoid the humps. Moving is a little OTT :D

Edit to say that i'm going to loose quite abit of money changing this to a 3" setup by the time I get the bung welded on and wrapped :(

Ah yes how I remember those speed bumps when I came over to yours, think i had a pretty impressive tail back at one stage lol :)

Shame you gotta sell, such a lovely bit of kit.

We'll get a bad name for ourselves soon :D

I'm looking at getting my 3" setup here before letting this go :)

• 3 weeks later...

My 3" set up arrived today so this will be off the car sometime next week. Before I get the new flange welded on and I spend time wrapping the DP, the new set up has already cost me over £700, so I think this is a a very reasonable price :)

• 3 weeks later...
My 3" set up arrived today so this will be off the car sometime next week. Before I get the new flange welded on and I spend time wrapping the DP, the new set up has already cost me over £700, so I think this is a a very reasonable price :)

Plus £15 customs :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Kev - sorry I let you down on this mate. I couldn't justify spending the money as I was spending left, right and centre on turbo, manifold, rad, ECU, injectors, clutch - blah blah blah.

Plus for me it was going to have to be a cut and shut job to get it to fit so I reasoned that spending good money on it to then hack it around didn't make sense. Once I am all plumbed in on the 3" and I can accurately see what space is available then I'll be in a better position to see if it's economical to cut and shut yours or just buy the pipe parts and weld one up to suit....that's if you still have it.

Anyway...great purchase for someone :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.