The mkiv Supra Owners Club

GT4 Nurburgring times

AJI

Now that everyone seems to have bought GT4 for PS2 I thought it would be a good idea to see what times you're getting for the Nurburgring.

Post up your times for the following conditions:

(1) Arcade mode - Time trial option

(2) Standard Supra TT

(3) NO mods to the car like extra power or less weight

(4) Tyres = sports - medium (I think thats the default option)

(5) You can choose Manual or spakkamatic.

My time so far is : 08:05.502

(still plenty room for improvement as I'm still learning the track - should be sub-8min in the next day or so).

Anyone got better yet?

Good one, I was going to suggest this. You can get better times than in real life, mainly because you can go flat out through sections it would just be too risky to do so in real life. Also if you brush the barriers you can carry on! If you've read EVO this month you'll see someone sat down for a whole day playing it to see if they could beat the all time lap record with a group C Le Mans type GT prototype. They managed 5m 26s IIRC, in a 92 Nissan Le Mans car.

8m 30 is my best so far, but I was only really going for it on the 1st section to learn it.

bobbeh - yep stock Supra

The driving physics of GT4 is very good.... they have taken into account the effect of hard braking and how it can turn the car if the weight is acting laterally. Basically you can set the car up for a turn and then a little bit of trail braking and the car turns itself. (There's a little clue as to how to drive the Nurburgring on GT4 !)

Although for some reason the game won't allow you to do donuts. It allows an amount of realistic lateral slip but then when the angle gets too big the physics go out the window. But saying that, you only come across those situations in the game when your spinning off or trying to do donuts.

anymore times?

Post up your times for the following conditions:

(1) Arcade mode - Time trial option

(2) Standard Supra TT

(3) NO mods to the car like extra power or less weight

(4) Tyres = sports - medium (I think thats the default option)

(5) You can choose Manual or spakkamatic.

:rolleyes: