The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Engineers and engineering

RobSheffield

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buy a CNC miller, not cheap but you can get a decent Bridgeport for about £8k and you can do pretty much anything on it.

If I could afford, I would have one, like I have at work. Brilliant machines

this mill is for light work only dont forget something like this will also require 3 phase power :)

Why don't you buy one of the cheap lathes that people have posted and have a go at making a chess set, once you have the skills the ideas will start flowing of what you feel like making :)

Great idea. There will be a lot of hobby things you can make. The above is a good idea and you can get used to different materials by making one set copper or brass and the other set stainless or aluminium. You could even mix and match with all pawns aluminium and copper with the main pieces stainless and brass.

Great idea. There will be a lot of hobby things you can make. The above is a good idea and you can get used to different materials by making one set copper or brass and the other set stainless or aluminium. You could even mix and match with all pawns aluminium and copper with the main pieces stainless and brass.

Oh dear, you and Burna have started something there :(

you could make a top hose adaptor to fit a coolant temp sender in. You could use square stock which would get you used to a 4 jaw chuck, you would be able to practice cutting a radius on each end (so the hose doesn't slip off) and then you could use a pedestal drill to drill the boss for the sender and then tap the hole. It is also a perfect sized job for a hobby lathe.

Buy a CNC miller, not cheap but you can get a decent Bridgeport for about £8k and you can do pretty much anything on it.

Bridgeport and Fanuc suck, sell your house and buy a Mazak:p

If you lived nearer I'd be tempted to get one and pay you to show me how to use it ;) Are XYZ's any good? I don't suppose I should even be CONSIDERING this, given my manual Bridgeport with a basic DRO is still a bit of a mystery, but it's so cool how a basic CNC mill or lathe can make little runs of things quite viable...

Looking for a floor standing hydraulic press, used, about 50 ton capacity, and a decent UK made metal shear, about 48 inch, manual one is fine, Edwards or similar, if you ever get to hear of things like that?