The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rare Supra plate on e-bay?????

Bill Prawn

I knew I remembered the name.

Lives in the same area, so I'm guessing it is.

I 'forward the motion' we all PM / e-mail him with duff offers. (ie 24p if it doesn't sell on eBay)

What a great guy. I'd love to know his views on why it's rare etc - can't we get him on here to post? please?

I just sent him this message on ebay

"So I take it that this plate isnt LEGAL, i.e: I cant put it on my car and drive legally on the roads. In which case it is a show plate and can be had for £20.

Are you a member of the Supra forum....if you are then it is pretty silly of you to auction this it."

he's not really conning anyone is he?? He states its not legal and not registered with the DVLA. You have a right to charge what you want for your property if you want to sell it. Therefore if I really wanted to I could ask for 150k for my Supra on ebay :) Doubt i'd get it though

Not very community minded is it though as it's aimed at making money out of gullible Supra owners? I would like to think most people on here would try and help out their fellow owners, not try and profit from them to this extent! Now if it said BMW M3... :D

he's not really conning anyone is he?? He states its not legal and not registered with the DVLA. You have a right to charge what you want for your property if you want to sell it. Therefore if I really wanted to I could ask for 150k for my Supra on ebay :) Doubt i'd get it though

Well....really....he is!

My personal opinion is that the wording suggests it is something special, however, I know it's not rare, it's not a collectors item, and it's not a perfect gift for a Supra owner. Someone slightly more gullible might be inclined to bid though...

The only reason it's unlikely to be on eBay again, is that there's probably only one person stupid enough to believe it's worth buying. (I'm not stating for one minute that that might be him though!)

Also, he says nothing about it being legal or illegal in the description.

If it is indeed the same person as on this site, then why hasn't he put it for sale here? Probably because he'd get laughed at because of the scam he's trying to pull on some poor sod.

Then again, like you said Hadyn, you can charge whatever you want.

Call me old fashioned (for a 26 year old!), but I think it's wrong. You're either ripping some poor mug off, or making a twat of yourself. Either way, someone loses out.

hmm clearly trying to get some dollar to spend on the car lol

from his profile, i think he may love himself a little too much haha

Biography:

6 feet, 13.5 stone, dark hair, dark eyes, muscular but flexible bodyshape.

has this n00b replied to anyones pm's through ebay ?? would love to see his response.

would love to see how rare it is given they are made up so cheaply. £250 what an arse.