The mkiv Supra Owners Club

mobile phone contracts

molak

All a bit too vague I'm afraid - what features do you crave? What are you phone habits? Lots of texts? Lots of calls? A need for internet use beyond 5mb a month?

If you want to stay with O2 then your options are fairly limited beyond comparing online deals with the ones offered over the phone and in the shops. You might have some scope for change via people like the Carphone Warehouse who could discount a handset or bundle something in but I can't see them doing much for an existing O2 customer who wants to stay with O2.

For me t-mobile ticks all the boxes, flext-t with unlimited web and walk is an absolute winner IMO but it might not suit your needs.

I have a great deal from o2. £20/month including VAT gets me 600 mins, 1000 texts and unlimited web browsing.

I think the offer was only until end of sept, but they might have extended it.

The closest I could get to that was T-Mobile, where the 600mins/texts was the same, but web browsing was £7.50 extra on top.

It's a Simplicity sim-only tariff, bought online. I can leave whenever I want. I didn't need a phone, and you end up paying £10 - £15 extra per month to cover the phone anyway.

Ive been with o2 for 4 years phone them up tell them your getting offered a better deal elsewhere, Or ask to speak to retention tell them your not happy paying so much. ive been paying £15 a month for 3 years for 400 texts 500 mins,I can upgrade every 9 months. I always seem to get good deals from them. Last upgrade they credited my account with £100 cos i kept the phone i had.

Ive been with o2 for 4 years phone them up tell them your getting offered a better deal elsewhere, Or ask to speak to retention tell them your not happy paying so much.

Exactly that, they wont offer you a very good deal if you're faffing about thinking about cancelling, call up and say you want to cancel straight away and you'll get through to people 'allowed' to give you a miles better deal. This happened when I took out a new contract with 3, but i'd already signed the new contract before I called up to cancel.

Not sure what kind of package you want but i'd expect the world on a stick for £35 p/m

What we do in my family is my Mum (Who is the highest earner (Around £70-£80K), has all of our phones in her name, with each of us (Dad, Me, Sister), named on each 'account', with a seperate password giving us access to our accounts so we can treat our phones as our own, and deal with customer services individualy...

Each month the bills come in, and we just pay her whatever they are... (So it's not 'Mummy pays for my phone')

What this gives her (us) is a fantastic amount of bargaining power when it comes to getting new phones, upgrades or so on... Of course there's the 'OK, we'll all leave' gamble, but we haven't had to go that far yet, and it depends if you can club together with your family...

But so far, I'm down to £15 a month (Vodafone), on an N95 (8gb thanks to an insurance claim :)) - No idea of how many texts/minutes, but I never run out... :)

just checked, that offer is still available until Oct 31st, damn good offer if u dont need a new phone

You can choose which "bolt-on" you have included for free as well. Doesn't have to be unlimited web browsing, can be another £7.50 bolt-on.

My tariff is O2 Simplicity "Online 25", so I guess it's a buy-online thing.

Here it is, you can change the web browsing to unlimited landline calls etc:

http://shop.o2.co.uk/tariffs/sim_only

It doesn't say that you get 1000 texts, but if you change the Unlimited Texts bolt-on to something else, like web browsing or unlimited landline calls, then you'll see on the next step (after "Select tariff") that you still have 1000 texts after changing the unlimited texts bolt-on to something else.