The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Review: Lockerbie Manor Hotel

michael

What a rubbish experience. :( IMO hotels should be made to declare that there's a wedding / large function booked for the time you plan to stay. Me and my GF stayed in a hotel last December, paid quite a premium for a good room. When we got there, there was a wedding and about 3 Christmas parties booked in, meaning we couldn't get near the bar, and amazingly couldn't eat at the very nice looking restaurant (which was one of the reasons we chose the hotel in the first place).

This is one of the schemes we do at work... I've not used it but I hear it's very good.

Gadget Insurance

Not going to help you now though... what a pain :(

That looks like a good scheme, thanks for the info - I'll have more of a read and might look at taking something out. If nothing else it's much cheaper than the phone insurance T-Mobile offer and would cover more items.

Thanks.

That looks like a good scheme, thanks for the info - I'll have more of a read and might look at taking something out. If nothing else it's much cheaper than the phone insurance T-Mobile offer and would cover more items.

Thanks.

You'd just need to make sure you "lose" at least the equivalent of 1 Nintendo DS every year ;)

As a previous owner of a Scottish guest house and chairman of the local business association, it pains me to say but Michael's "adventures" are all too common. Customer service is not in the celtic blood, and if you do "suffer" it from the hotel staff it is normally given grudgingly!! Scottish hotels are notorious for their high prices and naff and shoddy decor, you would have been better staying in a nice 4 or 5 star guest house, which would have been a lot cheaper :)

Tripadvisor.com rate the Lockerbie Manor as 7th out of 9 hotels in the area.

Some of the reviews are horrendous! (Although there are some people who were happy with their room)

Link

I never stay anywhere now without checking it out on tripadvisor these days. Seems to work for us, but you need to read a fair amount of reviews to get a more accurate picture of a place.

Tripadvisor.com rate the Lockerbie Manor as 7th out of 9 hotels in the area.

Some of the reviews are horrendous! (Although there are some people who were happy with their room)

Link

I never stay anywhere now without checking it out on tripadvisor these days. Seems to work for us, but you need to read a fair amount of reviews to get a more accurate picture of a place.

I've been looking on there this morning, a lot of feedback that mirrors mine, I'll put something up on the site myself once I've resized the pics a little. Thanks to Google this post comes up quite highly on a search for them now though.

Unfortunately it was booked for me by the client who had received positive comments from everyone who had stopped there, having glanced at the website and been given 24 hours notice I thought it would be acceptable enough and didn't look into it anymore. Lesson learnt :)