The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sponsor me for the Big C

Ian C

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well I'm back at work and thus getting paid to be on here :sly: so I thought I'd update the thread and say - crikey, that sucked.

With running, most days you do your normal run. Some days you get a crazy supercharged and do really well. Some days your body goes "you know what? I'm really not interested" and unfortunately it was one of those days :eek:

So at about 4 miles in the wheels fell off. Only 9 miles to go :cry:

If you've never exercised until you've burnt up all the stored energy in your muscles (I was going to call it glycogen? But now I think that's the poisonous bit of anitfreeze haha) and then carried on exercising, you probably can't appreciate just how godawful you feel while doing it :( But I couldn't let you lot down, that was a fantastic amount of sponsorship from a hardcore of jolly decent people on here (some flush enough with their gambling lifestyle to even sponsor me twice :D ) so somehow I finished the run in a quite-awful-but-finishing-was-enough-for-me 2hrs 40mins or thereabouts.

To my surprise my legs have fixed themselves in under two days so I must be doing something right, minimal blisterage (unlike the epic waterbomb replica I had last year) but I do have a blackened toenail that I must have been slowly fretting off somehow - nice :)

I'll stick a scan of the newspaper article up as I namechecked the club - yes it's personal stuff but if it raised awareness it's worth it isn't it, and if I didn't want people to know, telling a reporter was probably a bad move :cool:

Thanks again all :thanku:

-Ian