The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gillette Fusion Power

Thorin

So bleeding to death from your underarms, from a (lovely Bic razor), because you didn't notice the gaping gash, as its an 'unsensitive area' isn't a concern for you then? ;):D

Something like that. No, all I meant was in an emergency like you need to shave your legs and there is only a bic to hand they do work, you just have to be careful with your ankles.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am convinced that they actually just put poorer quality blades into the "older" razors these days.

I bet a disposable razor back when they came out was as good as a Allthewayto-11-mega-deluxe-20-blade-vibrating-or-your-money-back razor is now. They just make new productions of the older ones worse to get you to buy the more expensive ones instead.

I am convinced that they actually just put poorer quality blades into the "older" razors these days.

I bet a disposable razor back when they came out was as good as a Allthewayto-11-mega-deluxe-20-blade-vibrating-or-your-money-back razor is now. They just make new productions of the older ones worse to get you to buy the more expensive ones instead.

And if that doesn't work, they just send Roger Federer round to smash tennis balls at you! :D

I've always been dubious about these but, needing some new blades for my shaver, I found Sainsburys were flogging the Fusion Stealth at half price.

It looked nice so I took the plunge.

Best shave EVAR! I'm very impressed. Mind you the blades are a bit steep and I'm concerned that my other half might be using it but not to shave with!

I've always been dubious about these but, needing some new blades for my shaver, I found Sainsburys were flogging the Fusion Stealth at half price.

It looked nice so I took the plunge.

Best shave EVAR! I'm very impressed. Mind you the blades are a bit steep and I'm concerned that my other half might be using it but not to shave with!

Awesome.

I think I'll shave one half of my face with the Mach3, and the other with the Fusion tomorrow and let you know my thoughts.

Awesome.

I think I'll shave one half of my face with the Mach3, and the other with the Fusion tomorrow and let you know my thoughts.

Which one will you use for the top half?

Whicever, be careful that you don't tear a hole in the time/space continuum.

...And now the moment you've all been waiting for!

I used the Fusion for the first time Sunday morning (approximately 8:15am I believe), I'd built up a good few days of stubble to give it a good test.

Without the power it's definitely a better shave than the Mach3 Turbo, smoother and more thorough. Not a huge difference but as the non-power blades are now down to the same price as the Mach3 turbo ones then it's worth upgrading IMO (unless you're still stuck in the 90's with a measly "two blade system" razor).

With the power turned on though, it does actually make a big difference, I was surprised. The blades glide over your face much more smoothly.

Downsides, well, the "precision trimmer" is useless, and because the blade head is bigger it makes it a bit more difficult to trim around my uber-cool goatee using the main side.

I still can see no difference what-so-ever between the power and non-power blades though, apart from the colour. I've e-mailed them to ask just what exactly the difference is and why I should pay £2-3 more for the power ones.

Nothing says you're 30-something quite like a goatee :)

It's the tache of our generation.

Thank goodness I'm out of that decade then! ;)

I'll have you know I had this goatee in my 20's... and did I mention it's uber-cool?

And makes you appear a bit more godly. :)

I try my best.

I've used and still use a Mach 3 Turbo. It gives the best shave hands down IMO - I tried the powered version (Nitro I think they called it) and found it gimmicky with no real difference other than annoying me because the handle was more awkward with it's increased girth :eyebrows: to accomodate the battery.

About 2 years ago I tried the Fusion not long after it came out and found it gave me a worse shave - mainly due to the awkwardness of the substantially bigger head. The trimmer was useless at getting rid of my tash stubble and I couldn't resort to using the head anymore because it doesn't physically fit under my nose and above my top lip without tearing my skin to shreds. Utter rubbish. The very fact Gillette have started a campaign trying to get people to switch from Mach 3 to Fusion suggests to me that it isn't just me that prefers the 'older' model and they're really struggling to get people to stick with Fusion and move away from Mach 3.

So in summary, Mach 3 Turbo for the win. :)

The trimmer was useless at getting rid of my tash stubble and I couldn't resort to using the head anymore because it doesn't physically fit under my nose and above my top lip without tearing my skin to shreds. Utter rubbish.

I have the solution for you. :whydon'twehaveagoateesmiley?: