The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gillette Fusion Power

Thorin

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Update: I bought a Fusion Power Stealth last night as they were on offer. I also bought a set of the non-power blades.

Apart from being a different colour, the power and non-power blades are identical. So how they get away with charging a couple of quid more for the power ones I don't know.

I've still yet to use it, but I know you're all dying to know what I think of it compared to the Mach3 Turbo it's replacing. Watch this space.

Apart from being a different colour, the power and non-power blades are identical. So how they get away with charging a couple of quid more for the power ones I don't know.

I bought a new pack of blades Saturday and stood and stared at both types trying to find a difference. I was pretty sure they were the same but I still bottled it and bought the power ones :(

I think you will like the shave Thorin :)

Bic.
BIC

*shudder*

One year for my Mrs' company xmas "do" they flew us all up to Edinburgh. Posh 5* hotel (The Balmoral, if anyone knows Edinburgh) Sven and Nancy were in the lobby when we checked in), Black Tie, A dedicated waiter for each table, all that BS

So, before the main evening do, I'm in the bathroom getting ready for the evening do, we're late as usual. I'm shaving, in a hurry, and snapped the blade off my trusty 2 blade Gillette razor.

Oh bugger, half a clean shaven face, half with 3 day's growth.

"I don't suppose we bought any spare razor blades with us?"

"No? Why?" she says.

Terrific.

So, in desperation, I ended up shaving my face with her topiary razor.

It was a BIC :taped:

I spent the evening looking like the Singing Detective.

Worst cuts and shaving rash evar.

I use the Mach 3 Power, and have done for a while now, and maybe its a placebo effect, but it really is a good shave IMO. I notice if I haven't turned the razor on, as the minor vibrations do seem to help it glide over the skin.

I have to wet shave (the full hot flannel/Nivea sensitive gel thing), as I have dry skin under my chin and neck, so any of these newer razors are a good thing really.

I think they're getting a little silly now with the 5 blades etc, and I've seen one that has a trimmer on the other end for your sideburns/moustache(!) etc. The cost of replacement blades is ridiculous too!

My girlfriend now uses the same as me, as she says the female version are a nightmare for shaving legs etc. I think she just likes the vibrations, personally ;)

Bic razors should be banned IMO. I think I might have to start a petition. That, and adults only bouncy castles :)

I was checking prices, and I found it was cheaper to buy a new razor than new blades for your existing one :)

I also have a Fusion Power... Because it was on offer. I agree that it doesn't give you a closer shave, but the vibrations help glide the razor over your skin so it feels a lot smoother when shaving.

I think I had a Mach3 before this one... Also a very good razor :)