The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gillette Fusion Power

Thorin

Do these "powered" razors actually do anything worthwhile? I'm still using a Mach3 and never bothered with the "M3 Power" one. I can't see that they'd make much difference.

I see they're doing a big push at the moment to move people from the Mach3 to the Fusion razors, and as the prices for the non-powered fusion blades now seem to be the same (or even slightly cheaper) as the Mach3 blades I might buy one.

...but that brings me to another point. The Fusion Power blades are more expensive, yet it states on the razors that they can be used on any Fusion product. Is there actually any difference between the power and non-powered versions of the blades or is it just a con?

This has been a bored at lunch time posting, thanks for reading.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I definitely felt a difference using the powered one, a much more comfortable shave, less dragging.

But I also agree that it didn't make a difference to how close the shave was.

I was going to move to cut throat razor mainly for the challenge of learning how to do it, but a few people warned me away from it as you can seriously do some damage if you mess it up :blink:

I bought one of the powered ones at Tesco (also available at other good retailers) but am yet to use it.

Like yourself I stuck to Mach3 but since the Fusion was on special offer I thought sod it and went for it. Although it's the powered one I have I'm basically intending on buying the cheaper blades for it once the included (only 1?!) blade is done.

Will add a full write-up once I've tried it :D

Had very similar dilemma to yourself recently my mach 3 blade was on its last legs and it was my last blade so went to Asda to buy new blades. Was totally shocked at the price of blades (usually get blades for Christmas but didn’t this year :() then i saw the fusion was on offer and actually cheaper than the mach3 blades, and as a plus the razor came with 2 blades - Bonus.

In my opinion its a much nicer shave with less irritation, would recommend you making the move.

p.s i got the non powered one, my dad had the mach 3 power and said it made no difference whatsoever.

totally agree with this, alot less dragging and skin felt less raw if that makes sense.

As a test I tried shaving without switching it on, noticable difference.

Me too again :D I may go to a proper barbers and get some advice and tips first though.