Year/Registration.......1999

Model.......................Ford KA

Colour......................Dark Purple and Black Bumbers

Engine Size...............1300

Manual/Auto.............Manual

Mileage....................82900

Service History......... Full

Condition..................Excellent Condition

Just had full service and has a just under a years MOT, Tax. New Clutch 3 month old. 2 careful owners.

Really reliable runner..

I could be interested in this, any chance of some pics and a price, pm me details if you like.

FLYNN forget that piece of poop........what you want is this bad boy :)

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=162319

I think I'm drifting towards spending near my 2 grand budget. It's taking an age finding my Supra and I've got a feeling that I'm going to need this runabout for more than a couple of months. I've also got to be happy with the wife driving it occasionally.

Thanks anyway.

Regarding the Fiesta and Ka.

It's been a while since I've looked at the prices of small cars and I'm struggling to reconcile what Parkers guide says I should be paying compared to the prices mentioned on here. I know that a car is worth whatever someone will pay but I've got to be able to sell it in 6 months and I bet I'm going to have to price according to something like Parkers to be able to sell it.

Regarding the Fiesta and Ka.

It's been a while since I've looked at the prices of small cars and I'm struggled to reconcile what Parkers guide says I should be paying compared to the prices mentioned on here. I know that a car is worth whatever someone will pay but I've got to be able to sell it in 6 months and I bet I'm going to have to price according to something like Parkers to be able to sell it.

Re: the KA - my cousin tells me that book price for private sale is 1600-1700, so you should get your money back considering that you will not have to pay out any expenses for it, i'm sure it's ready to go.

I looked on ebay earlier and there are quite a few, some still bidding...but who knows what they'll sell for, others have buy it now from £1500 to £2200 depending on spec etc.

My cousin's one is definately worth looking at especially if your local, and it will do him a favour too, as I said they are moving abroad and need to sell it pretty soon. still waiting on pics but i'm sure if you have a look on ebay you will get the idea.

How do you get a book price of £1500 to £2200?

Assuming it's a 1999 V-reg 1.3i 3d then Parkers show a good private price of £955. The most expensive they list which matches is just £1,215.

I'm not saying the car isn't what you're asking for it, just that I can't get confirmation that it is a reasonable price.

EDIT: I just had a browse around the cars on Autotrader and the prices listed there are more in line with those listed in Parkers.

I found very recently that Parkers tend to underestimate what cars sell for. I've watched several ebay auctions (which are a good indicator of what people are prepared to pay for 2nd hand stuff) where the price went significantly over the Parker's recommended price.

I found very recently that Parkers tend to underestimate what cars sell for. I've watched several ebay auctions (which are a good indicator of what people are prepared to pay for 2nd hand stuff) where the price went significantly over the Parker's recommended price.

That's interesting. Cheers.

How do you get a book price of £1500 to £2200?

Assuming it's a 1999 V-reg 1.3i 3d then Parkers show a good private price of £955. The most expensive they list which matches is just £1,215.

I'm not saying the car isn't what you're asking for it, just that I can't get confirmation that it is a reasonable price.

EDIT: I just had a browse around the cars on Autotrader and the prices listed there are more in line with those listed in Parkers.

I did not say a book price of 1500 - 2200, I quoted prices that are on ebay between this amount. The book price for his one was £1600 - £1700, TBH I would not religiously rely on Parkers as a guide anyway just a quick rough guide.

It will definately sell for £1500 no probs. The best thing to do, if your interested is have look at it and then make your judgement/offer. I'm only trying to help out.

I got another civic coupe for a daily runabout and you can't fault it. I bought it for £1600 with 12 months tax and test on it, it's a 98 's' reg with 48k on it and it does 35-40mpg plus my last coupe had 139k put on it and 4 years of thrashing the bo11ocks off it and it didn't let me down once.

Trust me, get a Honda civic ;)

I did not say a book price of 1500 - 2200, I quoted prices that are on ebay between this amount. The book price for his one was £1600 - £1700, TBH I would not religiously rely on Parkers as a guide anyway just a quick rough guide.

It will definately sell for £1500 no probs. The best thing to do, if your interested is have look at it and then make your judgement/offer. I'm only trying to help out.

I know you're trying to help mate and I'm being as careful as I can not to criticise the asking price. A car is worth whatever someone will pay after all. I've come to the conclusion that Parkers always highly undervalues cars and I think a better way will be to judge on what else is available and what that actually sells for.

I know you're trying to help mate and I'm being as careful as I can not to criticise the asking price. A car is worth whatever someone will pay after all. I've come to the conclusion that Parkers always highly undervalues cars and I think a better way will be to judge on what else is available and what that actually sells for.

Sounds about right.

Do you want me to have another chat with him and see if he can drop the price a little more? I recon that if someone 'flashed the cash' in his face so to speak, he might sell it for as low as £1400 odd.

Will he throw a free balaclava in with that? well you wouldnt want your mates seeing you in a Ka would you?:D:d:d

sorry couldn't help myself:d

:) lol

I don't think I would even fit in one, it would be a case of "hightower" ripping the front seat out and sitting in the back ;)

I want to say a big thanks to everyone that took an interest in this. I can honestly say that each car I was offered I weighed up carefully.

On balance I decided that I wanted to spend near the top of my 2 grand budget and try and get the newest car I could. After seeing a few cars I also decided I wanted Japanese build quality.

Here's what I've ended up with:

She's in great condition and I think will serve me well through the winter months with my 4 mile drive to the station and back.

As soon as Jurgen find me my car she will be up for sale though.

I want to say a big thanks to everyone that took an interest in this. I can honestly say that each car I was offered I weighed up carefully.

On balance I decided that I wanted to spend near the top of my 2 grand budget and try and get the newest car I could. After seeing a few cars I also decided I wanted Japanese build quality.

Here's what I've ended up with:

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l269/flynnuk/micra/front.jpg

She's in great condition and I think will serve me well through the winter months with my 4 mile drive to the station and back.

As soon as Jurgen find me my car she will be up for sale though.

Well done mate...congrats...:) hope it does you proud for the time-being!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.