The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just picked up the Supra replacement.

CardiffSupra

I USED to really want one of these untill i was at a wedding in Atholl in the scottish highlands. Was sat at a petrol station with nobody in it except this guy driving one of those in that exact colour with chromed wheels and a big vinly strip that said 'supercharged' on the side.guy was wearing a leather jacket and ray-ban sunnies, he just walked around and around his car with a mobile glued to his ear, then periodically he would start it and rev it. He did have a grin though so i suppose it cant all be bad.

Nice car, but tell me about the house..... :) Lovely place, what gear jealousy mode do I need, is it yours? If not get the *^$ing pile of American scrap off the *&%$ing lawn.... ;)

I'm guessing thats the previous owners house as thats the Pistonheads sale picture ;)

The car looks very nice too :-)

hows it comparing to the supe?

Lovey car btw

Drives so much better than the Supra, My Supra didn't feel right for the last few months of ownership for some reason. Even with the roush suspension and 20" wheels it seems smoother and more planted than my old car. The house was the last owners, Yes it was Very...very nice, Lovely guy he showed me his Austin, Ferrari and BMW m3 Race car. :cool:

You are very lucky, Hot Rod magazine is one of the very few monthly publications left that gives seemingly unbiased info, track test, and dyno test results, plus hard core technical articles on tuning and suspension mods. Amazing, given the US political correctness, and emission paranoia.

It will be interesting if you share your info on ownership of such a car in the UK.

I still covet the last owners house though ;)

£14900 I Payed, I didn't think I could live with the LHD, But after talking to a few people at the owners club they said they rather the LHD to RHD.

It's an Auto, I was happy with the Auto on the Supra to I went for the Auto on the GT, Really smooth box. No mods as yet, Would like a Supercharger but thats out of the question as im saving for a new house :blink: Might just get Air intake and Tune done to add a few more bhp.

If you ever decide to sell let me know - my names Gareth as well so we can keep it with the name! I've got a 2005 350z in sunset with similar miles so I'd consider a swap or purchase of yours. Stunning car.

• 10 months later...
Picked my new car up last night, A long drive to Norfolk was a nightmare but well worth it. It's a Mustang GT 4.6 V8, It sounds absolutly fantastic. The handling is also top class as It has the full Roush suspension. Got used to the LHD after a few mins and the drive is really smooth. Id say power wise it's about the same as a stock TT. Here are some pics.

http://images.pistonheads.com/aimg/714/714091-1.jpg

http://images.pistonheads.com/aimg/714/714091-3.jpg

Im over the moon and this will make selling the Supra that little easier :)

Hi anymore info on how it compares to the Supe? I go on a lot of the Mustang forums, owners on their kill boards, say they can live/beat a TT from a dig, but not from a roll, i would've thought they were slower off the line. What mpg do you get? Has it been reliable? I take it there is more space in the rear?

Here is one Supra Mustang thread

http://s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19848

Hi mate, coming up to a year of ownership now. Can't fault the car at all. Has everything I need and so easy to work on yourself.

I would say as power goes a TT Supra would take the Mustang GT rolling. The Mustang does seem to get off the line quicker and go up through the gears quicker and smoother. The 2 cars are very simular.

Yep bigger boot for the pram im going to need in 6months and I can get around 26Mpg or 17mpg if I want :)