The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NTL free speed increase today!

JamesG

I've just upgraded my NTL broadband from 750Kbits to 2Mbits :)

Read the T&C if you're on 300Kbps though, as the monthly limit is lower.

From another forum:

Anyone with a settop box phone 0800 052 2000 speak to CS and they'll upgrade your line speed free of charge

If you have a cable modem, clicky here: http://www.ntlworld.com/data-feeds/editorial/microsites/tierMigration/cablemodem.php

Use the link in my first post at the top!!!

Think the upgrades are like this:

300Kbps -> 1Mbps

750Kbps -> 2Mbps

1.5Mbps -> 3Mbps

All have monthly usage limits but I've not heard of them being enforced yet. The new 1Mbit is severely cutdown to 3Gb per month so not sure it counts as an "upgrade".

what option on the phone system did you go through?

JB

The online upgrade didn't work for me so called 0800 052 2000, option 2 to go to package upgrades and they upgraded me manually. I think I might have called them a few minutes before 8 as it takes about 30 mins for the upgrade to start working.

Be careful I think they may be adding a download limit. You can ellect to drop to a lower speed whan you reach your limit or pay extra. I was looking into it for a couple of lines but not worth it due to the limit.

NTL state limits of 1gb per day for the 2mb and 3mb services (old 750k and 1.5mb). I do wonder if they will enforced this as they never bothered with the previous ones.

I will get to them tomorrow then. a 1gb per day limit is fine by me, my internet connection sits dormant for most of the day I just cant be arsed putting in the time to make the most of the wonderful world of free music and video :woot:

I cant use the online upgrade as I dont know my NTLworld logon details, I never finished that part of the registration so never got the logon details.

JB

The download limit won't start till later in 2005 when they will produce a program or method for users to keep tabs on their totals.

They also state they won't act unless people are taking the p**s and going over the top.

I upgraded to 3 meg yesterday online and am quite chuffed :thanks: NTL