The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Internet Speed Troubles

Gord R

Hi Guys

Recently moved to a new house, which is fairly rural although not that far from the exchange. When i checked my line speed online it said i should receive up to 3mb.

After finally having my AOL Package transfered and to be told i would actually get 2mb rather than 3, im finding im not getting anything near that.

Download Speed is 96kb/s

Upload Speed is 36kb/s.

Its horrendously slow. Aol have just given me there usual bumf which hasnt really helped.

Any suggestions?

Im using a BT Voyager 2100 Wireless router, and both my laptop and pc is the same.

Thanks

Gord

First reboot the router.

Do you know your way around your router? If so, can you check to see what speed it syncs at?

Can you see if you have any network activity whilst you are doing nothing? (double click your network icon in the bottom right)

Checked for spyware/virus's?

Replace your ADSL filter and try unplugging anything else that this on that phone line. Reboot router each time.

That should get you started. :)