The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Off to Italy tomorrow...

grahamc

Off to Venice, then driving through to Parma and Reggio for 2 days and then up to Milan for another 2 days.

Going to go look at some old country ruins that we want to buy and restore!! :D Starting with a BIG HUGE GIGANTIC garage!!!

JamieP - if you see this, I will be PMing you when I get back for some advise on the work that needs to be done on the house. :D

Water Taxis and Gondolas... very expensive!

Drinks and Food very expensive in the main areas. If you get a chance and like indian food, I think there is one Indian in the whole of Venice - Ganesh Ji. If you have a fridge and want to buy some cheap beers/food there is a place called Su Ve, hidden away and also if you get over to Lido there is a supermarket called Bille(t) (memory failing me) on the left hand side of the street as you walk towards the beach.

Also on Lido, as you get off the vaporetto(sp) - head to the left and hit the zebra crossing then look to your left. Statue of Darth Vaders head which is quite a surreal thing (a tad anachronistic for Venice).

From the airport I grabbed a bus to the main bus station for 3 euros, then bought a 3 day Vaporetto(sp) ticket for about 30ish euros (I think that ballpark)... Get on a Number 2 if you can as that stops less and figure out in advance where in the heck your hotel is, as nobody will know when you get there ;)

Water Taxi to the hotel was going to be about 115 euros, and that is a one way jobbie and took longer than the bus + vaps.

Hope you have fun, I will hope to see the regions you mention at some point in the future! Take many pics :D

Am back, WOW!! What fun driving in Milan is :eek: And Italians think that a F***ING VW sharon van is a medium sized compact!!! IDIOTS!!!

Venice stupidly expensive! One place was EUR8.50 for a caffe latte :blink:

House hunting went well, found a nice stone shack that needs to ripped down and rebuilt on 20000m2 of land. On the side of a hill, awesome!!

JamieP - house with structural damage was not to our taste, lots of damage!

Sounds fun, have a great trip. Not passing through Rome by any chance.

No... was a good trip

Whatever you do, don't spend too long in Venice.

The place is just a rip-off. Don't go on a Gondola either. Waste of £90 for 1/2 hour trip.

Apart from that, have a nice holiday.. :D

Were their for 2 nights, food was expensive, water taxis are silly money, did not even consider a gondola ride....at that price, I am glad I did not!!

Water Taxis and Gondolas... very expensive!

Drinks and Food very expensive in the main areas. If you get a chance and like indian food, I think there is one Indian in the whole of Venice - Ganesh Ji. If you have a fridge and want to buy some cheap beers/food there is a place called Su Ve, hidden away and also if you get over to Lido there is a supermarket called Bille(t) (memory failing me) on the left hand side of the street as you walk towards the beach.

Also on Lido, as you get off the vaporetto(sp) - head to the left and hit the zebra crossing then look to your left. Statue of Darth Vaders head which is quite a surreal thing (a tad anachronistic for Venice).

From the airport I grabbed a bus to the main bus station for 3 euros, then bought a 3 day Vaporetto(sp) ticket for about 30ish euros (I think that ballpark)... Get on a Number 2 if you can as that stops less and figure out in advance where in the heck your hotel is, as nobody will know when you get there ;)

Water Taxi to the hotel was going to be about 115 euros, and that is a one way jobbie and took longer than the bus + vaps.

Hope you have fun, I will hope to see the regions you mention at some point in the future! Take many pics :D

Took a water bus from the airport at EUR12 single fair, its a little on the expensive side. Overall Venice was ok, but not that great.

I always take loads of pics :cool:

Jealous :D

Although I thought property was a bit dodgy over there at the moment? :/

In what way? Since we are seriously considering one of the properties that we saw....