The mkiv Supra Owners Club

N/A Aerotop

nikbiomed

Hi

Anyone on here thinking about selling their N/A Aerotop? I went to pick one up today which on paper looked fantastic however it was not, so now I am gutted. Anyway, I am looking for either a Silver or Black primarily but may consider other colours. I don't mind a bit of work but nothing that has been in an accident, the body needs to be pretty much origional. Don't mind a respray though, obviously that would reflect on what I am prepared to pay.

Please no links to the regular Car Sites as I scan these on a regular basis anyway.

Would probably stretch to 4K but would be fussy at that level, especially as I am keeping an eye on some that are in the 2's at the moment. If you think yours is worth more cos of the wheels well I am prepared to bring my own to drive it away, just to get it to a reasonable level.

no offence mate but if your looking at the 2sk for na aeros then they are not going to be in the best condition;)..

but the good ones will start from 4k

Yep I know, but I am able to do a lot to the car myself so can afford to take poorer condition cars, as per my listing.

Please guys, do you really think I am not doing my homework here, give me more credit. I am looking for people like Ian R who has a car and as yet not advertised, not someone who can forward me a link to some sales site, as I am doing the rounds there on a regular basis.

So genuine replys to this please I don't really want this thread to look like so may others. I am a genuine buyer looking for a seller please give the seller a chance to get his input on my thread.

Well thanks to all the interested people who were offering their cars to me for sale, but sorry I have now got the car of my dreams, well nearly. 6speed is all thats missing and I think with the saving I can afford to do this too.

I got the Aerotop but this one is a TT Auto GZ edition which correct me if I am wrong is the only edition you can get in the JSpec as an Aerotop TT. Anyway, saw it on Autotrader today for £3995 and of course could not resist it at that price. Went down and what a beauty, especially when you consider the sheds I have been looking at over the past couple of weeks. Could not believe my luck being the first there. I was not the first caller though as some idiot tried to haggle the price down to 3K over the phone, bloody numpty. He offended the guy so much he just ditched him as a potential buyer. The Seller has now got a Mustang GT which sounded awsome but apparantly is not a lively/quick as the Supe. But I guess most of you could tell me that anyway. He also has a tidy penny or two which is probably why he sold it so cheap, just wanted a quick sale, and thats what he got. Thanks Seller...

So this means my 25,000 miles Black TT is up for sale if anyone is interested, see my garage for now. I will be posting the sale on some of the more popular sites in the comming weeks, dependant on what I want to swap over to the Aero TT.

Will get some updated pics of the new supe in my garage soon.

sounds like you got a bargain well done

It drove like a dream home, 130miles and only used £20 and I was not hanging about too. Cannot believe my luck I can tell you. I was off work this morning because of a cancellation and just took a second look at the sites, and heh presto their it was, my dream car. Its spooky really. Just got to sell my black TT now as the missus is gonna be on my back if I dont.

Thanks Folks

Let me get this right?

You brought a TT aero for 4k? whats wrong with it?

I been going over it and I cannot find a thing wrong, but for the intercooler, which is as rotten as a pear, but heh that will be changed for a FMIC at some stage. It had a new cambelt fitted about a week ago and a full service at a cost of over £800. The guys was fantastic, just to sort of conciencious person you would love to buy a car from not some back street dealer or dodgy private seller. As mentioned in earlier replies, he is loaded Nice house several nice cars good inner city job. I was just lucky to be the one to take advantage of his kind considerate nature, and the fact he just wanted a quick troubleless sale.

I saw a few in the past couple of weeks and one in particular stuck in my mind. It was on Ebay a silver N/A Aerotop some of you might have been looking at it. Well I went over and on the cover it looked OKish. It had got a front spoiler on which was very poorly fitted and had been sprayed in loads of different places which under closer examination was actually quite poor. I mentioned the respray to him and he said it had not had a respray while with him. I asked how long he had it and it was around 7mths. What did I find on the front bumer between the corner and the wing, but masking tape, pretty new, fresh and had certainly not been there 7mths. Ring a ding alarm bells, he telling a porky. So what do you do Walk Away. He wanted 4k for it too. Watch out for it as its sure to be on again sometime.

Sounds like you got a nice deal Nick, you need to bring it to one of the events now. ;)

Gonna bring both the Aero TT and the Black TT to the Jap show if its not raining. So hopefully you will all be there, and we can catch up. I think I might still be driving the Black one though as its so much faster (For Now) the wife can drive the Aero. Check out the hot chick in the drivers seat, you should recognise her Alex. Yep me baby girl.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.