The mkiv Supra Owners Club

You got to love devon coppers

Blackie

My front number plate "Blew off" My do-luck a few weeks ago. Parked in the petrol station today two coppers walk up and ask where it is, I acted all suprised and stuff and said it must of blown off. His words to me before he walked off were "Try and get it sorted mate" No ticket nothing, God i love Devon :D

I have to say generally the Doven & Cornwall traffic are pretty good.

I was tugged a while back for my front plate and I have a legal one on my back seat. He knew I was just pulling one when I said I had just bought one and would get it sorted.

I actually went passed him recently on the slip road outside work and he just smiled and pointed at my plate, with a little laugh, he could of waved me over if he had wanted, but I don't think they can be arsed with the paper work.;)

Bit different in Essex passed traffic the other week on the other side of the road I have no front plate, in my mirror I see him do a U turn to which my foot slipped and jammed the throttle wide open, a bit further down the road a helpfull driver managed to box me in by divvering in the outside lane, next time I look in my mirror blue lights are on.

They ask where is my plate I told them I have just had the front bumper painted due to it having a stick on plate i went to buy a new one but dont have the logbook so they wont issue me with a new one untill then, not good enough £30 fine :(

Great!!

I got pulled o my way back from JAE 2007 and even though I demostrated that the small plate was glued to the bumper and I could't get it off without taking the bumper with it, they still fied me £30 but did nothing to enforce the changing of the plate........:(

H.

Was pulled 3 times in 2 days last week for no rear plate. The warnings got harsher and harsher, but no ticket.

The fuzz in Manchester must be more lenient when it comes to this kind of thing :p

They certainly aren't when it comes to buzzing their tower at four in the morning!!!!:flame:

I think the issue with plates is to do with the reliance on ANPR technology. The camera OCR software cannot read the plate easily if it does not conform to regular style, size on the surrounding background and spacing. There are other issues with the static cameras and their aiming point. That is why very few cars have plates off to one side or high up or angled. From what I have learnt there are almost NO ways of getting around disguising your number with films etc as the image gets passed to a human operator to read. If the ANPR in the Traffic car cant read it then it flags up on their in car equipment and you get a pull anyway. I personally think all ANPR does is automate the criminalisation of the law abiding. I know that is a contradiction but the vast majority of people caught with ANPR are those who tax, MOT, insure their cars. They are generally the law abiding. The scum who steal car identities and set out to break the law are never caught. Why would they be. So long as they have the identity of a fully legal car they will almost certainly escape detection.

Get coppers out in car and on foot. Lets have even more of them out in unmarked cars as well. We have loads of them here in Devon and they DO work. Virtually every car I see pulled down here is with an unmarked car. All the locals know this so it is usually the visitors that get pulled. Golden rule in Devon. Dont ever race another car. Its probably got one of Devons finest inside.