The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Problems with toad ai600

SupraT61

the alarms always worked fine until i took the car off road for the single conversion, now every time i set the thing it beeps like crazy and tries to alarm but the sound of the alarms like lots of broken beeps and alarm noises if that makes any sense, the only way i can turn the thing off is when i disconnect the battery.

Any ideas what it could be or what i can check?

Unfortunately, the Toad alarms are all coded. If you have the code that came with the system, then you'll be able to take it along to any Toad dealer and get them to have a look at it. If you don't have the code, then the main unit will have to be taken out and sent away to Toad for them to reset the code and they'll supply you with a new code.

From what i know, the system usual beeps if there's a fault when it is armed. I had the same sort of problem and it was beeping 5 times when it was armed, then the alarm would activate. After having a look at it, I found out that it was just the bonnet switch which needed replacing.

Try searching the internet for the fitting instuctions for the alarm. Toad won't supply an instruction manual because the system should be fitted by an approved dealer, and they're supposed to know what they're doing. The fitting guide will tell you what the problem could be, depending on how many times the system beeps.

Hope this helps.

Guest CoolsBlue
Unfortunately, the Toad alarms are all coded. If you have the code that came with the system, then you'll be able to take it along to any Toad dealer and get them to have a look at it. If you don't have the code, then the main unit will have to be taken out and sent away to Toad for them to reset the code and they'll supply you with a new code.

From what i know, the system usual beeps if there's a fault when it is armed. I had the same sort of problem and it was beeping 5 times when it was armed, then the alarm would activate. After having a look at it, I found out that it was just the bonnet switch which needed replacing.

Try searching the internet for the fitting instuctions for the alarm. Toad won't supply an instruction manual because the system should be fitted by an approved dealer, and they're supposed to know what they're doing. The fitting guide will tell you what the problem could be, depending on how many times the system beeps.

Hope this helps.

i had the same problem, but i noticed when i used to charge my battery, it went back to the 1 beep when arming, when my battery looses power, and i arm it, it does the 5 beeps

it doesnt really beep just loads of really retarded noises and wont turn off.

My Ai606 made the similar types of noises last year, made a weird static type and random odd noises. After a period of 2 or so weeks It then just completely stopped making a noise at all. It turned out to be the sound box was buggered. Got a replacement from toad and its been fine since

The Ai600 was a great alarm in its day. Very over-engineered as it was Toads first ever Cat 1 system.

There are no codes with the Ai600. They used to have a little green tag key that could disarm the alarm by touching against an immobiliser type recepticle. This recepticle would/should also emit a beeping noise inside the vehicle. If the recepticle goes faulty, it can make the alarm do all sorts of strange things, including what yours is doing there. If you can find the recepticle, and trace it back, you should be able to unplug it.

If that doesn't work, you will have to get a new alarm system. Nothing else will stop the remotes from working and make the siren output odd noises except a faulty ECU. Not only were these a bugger to change when they were current due to the locking pins you needed to hammer out, but they simply don't make it any more, and they didn't have an external plug to change 'brains'. It was all hard-wired!

• 1 year later...
Guest lynwright

where do i find the serial no. they say it is behind the dashboard or the footwell. Cant find it. They want £150 to come out and find the serial no. or £65 for a new fob if i have the no.

• 3 weeks later...
mine doesnt make any sound when i set or unset my alarm with my ai606 is that a problem?

It shouldn't be a problem. On the Toads I think you can turn off the "chirp" that is made when arming/disarming. I don't know how you turn the chirps on/off though. Best to find someone with a manual or download one from Toad.

Mods: should this be moved out of ICE Tech?

The Toad alarms are probably one of the most stable alarm systems available. It's rare the go wrong to be honest.

In default mode, the arm/disarm chirps are turned off. To enable the chirps you need to know the pin code to access the programming mode.

For anyone that doesn't have the pin code, you need the serial number which is on a small silver sticker on the back of the remotes when new, (but this does wear off in time), or on the back of the main control unit. (still on a silver sticker).

If you have the serial number, most Toad dealers normally charge £20 -30 +vat to get the code. If they have to find the control unit, they may charge more, but no more than 1 hour's labour. - Anything more than this and I'd find a new dealer!