Belgium GP *SPOILERS INSIDE*

RedM

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From Jarno Trulli

"In my opinion Hamilton got an advantage by cutting the chicane. Had he stayed on the road, he wouldn't have had the speed to overtake the Ferrari.

In the same way at Monza someone could cut the first chicane, catch a rival's draft, and overtake him under braking at Roggia.

When you attack on the outside, you do it at your own risk, because who's on the inside has the right to do the corner. If there isn't enough room, then you lift.

Had there been a wall there, instead of the surfaced escape route, would Lewis have attacked anyway? Had there been gravel, he wouldn't have had the chance to attack when rejoining the track because of dirty tyres."

Pretty faitr view in my eyes...

From Italian Jarno Trulli

"In my opinion Hamilton got an advantage by cutting the chicane. Had he stayed on the road, he wouldn't have had the speed to overtake the Ferrari.

In the same way at Monza someone could cut the first chicane, catch a rival's draft, and overtake him under braking at Roggia.

When you attack on the outside, you do it at your own risk, because who's on the inside has the right to do the corner. If there isn't enough room, then you lift.

Had there been a wall there, instead of the surfaced escape route, would Lewis have attacked anyway? Had there been gravel, he wouldn't have had the chance to attack when rejoining the track because of dirty tyres."

No, it's bollocks. Hamilton was AVOIDING Kimi because he hit the brakes 400 feet earlier than the normal, if there was a wall he would have the choice of hitting the Ferrari or the wall through Kimi's actions (would Kimi be given a stop-go for causing an avoidable accident like Kovi? probably not)

Charlie Whiting himself has said the stewards were wrong.

From Jarno Trulli

Didnt Kimi realise that he gained an advantage which is why he LET Kimi go past and then attack him for position again.

So under the rules he did EXACTLY what he was supposed to do.

Why was he penalised then?

IF you are suggesting that drivers should not even attempt to overtake people when approaching bends due to fear of missing the apex and gaining an advantage - then you are surely looking at a farse rather than a race..........

Didnt LEWIS realise that he gained an advantage which is why he LET Kimi go past and then attack him for position again.

IF you are suggesting that drivers should not even attempt to overtake people when approaching bends due to fear of missing the apex and gaining an advantage - then you are surely looking at a farse rather than a race..........

Imi, did you mean Lewis ?

i personally think the penalty was fair.

he cut the chicane, and was still accelerating to get infront of kimi, he then lifted off. he hardly gave back the place...but initially it was a 10sec drive through penalty but because the race had finished it was a +25s.

well done FIA, Forza Ferrari!!

Didnt Kimi realise that he gained an advantage which is why he LET Kimi go past and then attack him for position again.

He acclerated and lifted - but look at his track position compared to where he would have been without cutting the chicane, he was well ahead of where he should have been.

What about any "advantage" gained by Massa when he pulled out of his pit box "dangerously" at Valencia ? hmm, any comment from the Ferrari lovers on that one?

No I thought not !

lol he didn't gain one - and he was most upset with Sutil for not backing down after all, he WAS the leader...and in a Ferrari!

He acclerated and lifted - but look at his track position compared to where he would have been without cutting the chicane, he was well ahead of where he should have been.

what about the track position of Kimi when he decided to go on the run off area only to completely cut the corner and carry so much more momentum back into the straight.

sorry to remind you but this is racing and there are run-off areas and we need to be impartial not blinkered ferrari fans.

what lewis did was fair, justified and as far as i can see - within the remits of the FIA rules (he backed off and gave the position back to Kimi - that is all he needed to do. He didnt deliberately miss any of the corners.

I am convinced that if the roles were reversed and Kimi had won while Lewis crashed, no one would have blinked an eye.

i personally think the penalty was fair.

he cut the chicane, and was still accelerating to get infront of kimi, he then lifted off. he hardly gave back the place...but initially it was a 10sec drive through penalty but because the race had finished it was a +25s.

well done FIA, Forza Ferrari!!

seems someone who knows a bit about racing wouldnt agree with you ;

Austrian Lauda said: "This is the worst judgment in the history of F1. The most perverted judgment I have ever seen. It's absolutely unacceptable when three functionaries (the stewards) influence the championship like this."

whatever the rights and wrongs it was the best race for ages spoilt by this decision. they will ruin F1

Kimi & Massa doing a 'synchro pair' spin off the track would be...

unfortunate :sly:

Right at the end, after a nail biting race of course.

...........and then the two mclarens will be disqualified for using Shell Optimax as supposed to Tesco 95 (that the FIA normally supply them with).