The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Belgium GP *SPOILERS INSIDE*

RedM

I can't see why this matters, we don't need to worry about what would or could have happened if this and that. He has to yield whatever he gained plain and simple, so what did he gain? I would say the point where the incident began was just before the entry to the corner, where LH was side by side with KR, so that's what he should have given back.

I think we'll just have to agree to disagree on that one mate :D

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All i think it is is that Ferrari is pushing all their toys out of their pram because their drivers dont know how to drive well in the wet.....and F1 cant have a "rookie" being a world champion now can they... makes the sport look to easy and shows up the other drivers.

Its got to political, there should be no decision after the race unless someone has put someone else in a wall and then won....then there would be reason to demote someone.

If no one crashes due to the overtaking manovuer and whoever gains a place by cutting a corner gives it back then whoever wins.....wins !! why cant it be like that !!

This is a god damn travesty.

The FIA are a bunch of ****wits who shouldn't be allowed to run the tuck shop let alone an F1 season. Its completely biased, the rules change race 2 race, competitor 2 competitor. Ferrari are a bunch of whining pricks who have no idea about the concept of winning fair and square.

I really hope LH absolutely stuffs them in Monza.

Gaz.

The FIA are a bunch of ****wits who shouldn't be allowed to run the tuck shop let alone an F1 season. Its completely biased, the rules change race 2 race, competitor 2 competitor. Ferrari are a bunch of whining pricks who have no idea about the concept of winning fair and square.

Gaz.

Summed up nicely Gaz:d I think there will be a positive reasult when the enquirey is done:)

And if not when he wins the title it'll be even sweeter;)

Gaz.

Gaz, Stefano Dominicalli has publicly said that Ferrari did not protest- it could have been anyone down the pitlane. There may not have even been protest.

Gaz, Stefano Dominicalli has publicly said that Ferrari did not protest- it could have been anyone down the pitlane. There may not have even been protest.

But you certainly don't see them being sportsmanlike and offering the win to the person who crossed the line first. Sadly like everything these days, there are committees, commisions and enquiries into who had the last doughnut.

Here are my thoughts... If Lewis had not tried to pass on that corner and had of just tried on the next corner, he would not have made it stick. So therefore he gained a considerable advantage by cutting the corner, even if he yielded the position back, he was still at an advantage.

I dont believe he should of been penalised the way he was, if Raikkonen had not of crashed in bloody STUPID fashion, then I would more than likely be thinking differently, but he did....

Heres a simple solution: change all the tracks, so that those sections where drivers can duck out of corners because they have done a PISS POOR JOB of it, and make a small side/slip road that slows them down and aumomatically penalises them.

People seem to be misinterpreting the rule, though.

Rule 30.3 of the FIA sporting code states that a driver must not gain an unfair advantage (and implying making use of that advantage)

So, if Hamilton had not gone for the Bus Stop overtake, would he have been level with Raikonnen over the Start-Finish straight and then in a much better position for the overtake and compromising Kimi's racing line to the corner? No.

Is that an advantage? Yes. Guilty as charged.

Rule 30.3 of the FIA sporting code states that a driver must not gain an unfair advantage (and implying making use of that advantage)

So, if Hamilton had not gone for the Bus Stop overtake, would he have been level with Raikonnen over the Start-Finish straight and then in a much better position for the overtake and compromising Kimi's racing line to the corner? No.

nicely said!

Yep.

blinded by your love?

Well, at least Ferrari can claim they the champions at w(h)inn(g)ing OFF the track, on the track well they like sliding, spinning and just generally blowing up engines :) (Waits for backlash :p)

Who spun at the end of the 1st lap? ;)

Must have been diesel on the road :p

Must get back in my box :) (I'm not a huge follower of any team)

You had a busy weekend then ;) Drive to Spa, perfectly place diesel on the track, drive back... Whats it like out there? Seriously considering going to Spa next year...

I thought your laptop was in the box :p

I'm not going to comment to any extent on the actual corner cutting event as my views have been well voiced by others, he gave the place back fair and square.

My issue is that with LH being peanalised (which i think is a shambles) the only person that should have ever been able to gain from this was KR, who didnt finish due to stacking it into the wall in an unrelated event later in the race. However Massa has now gained a massive advantage in the Championship from something that he wasnt even involved in, thats the real FIA knife twist thats made it even more bitter from my point of view.

Petition signed...now at 12K something!

Did you actually watch the race?

KR hit the brakes way way earlier than LH, he nearly went into the back of him. You will also notice out of every corner LH had far more traction than KR who wheelspan like JamieP on a free set of tyres out of the chicane, desite being on the far gripier racing line, and you seem t forget that LH still done him on the brakes into La Source despite KR illegaly blocking and hitting the Mclaren up the arse.

Oh, and how did Kimi get to being in first place anyway? He was 4th on the grid, went wide at La Source and used the run off to gun it past the slower people who took the corner properly- why didn't he get a drive through for that eh?

blinded by your love?

Not at all, as has been said he caught up over a second in a matter of a few corners, and had far more speed and traction out of corners than Kimi. All because of a bit of rain. Had he not gone over the run off and been able to stay alongside KR, he would have been just behind him if not next to him on the straight.