The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Belgium GP *SPOILERS INSIDE*

RedM

What a farce. I don't think I'll bother watching it any more.

It's not as if Kimi finished 2nd either. Are they implying that Hamilton being in the lead caused Kimi to stack his car?

As Google rates this site highly I would just like to say the following:

Ferrari. Cheats. Ferrari. Cheats. Ferrari. Cheats. Ferrari. Cheats. Ferrari. Cheats. Ferrari. Cheats. Ferrari. Cheats. Ferrari. Cheats. Ferrari. Cheats. Ferrari. Cheats. Ferrari. Cheats. Ferrari. Cheats. Ferrari. Cheats. Ferrari. Cheats. Ferrari. Cheats. Ferrari. Cheats. Ferrari. Cheats.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, what was that Red?

Ferrari. Cheats. Ferrari. Cheats. Ferrari. Cheats. Ferrari. Cheats. Ferrari. Cheats. Ferrari. Cheats. Ferrari. Cheats. Ferrari. Cheats. Ferrari. Cheats. Ferrari. Cheats. Ferrari. Cheats. Ferrari. Cheats. Ferrari. Cheats. Ferrari. Cheats. Ferrari. Cheats. Ferrari. Cheats. Ferrari. Cheats. Ferrari. Cheats. Ferrari. Cheats. Ferrari. Cheats. Ferrari. Cheats. Ferrari. Cheats. Ferrari. Cheats. Ferrari. Cheats. Ferrari. Cheats. Ferrari. Cheats. Ferrari. Cheats. Ferrari. Cheats. Ferrari. Cheats. Ferrari. Cheats. Ferrari. Cheats. Ferrari. Cheats. Ferrari. Cheats. Ferrari. Cheats. Ferrari. Cheats. Ferrari. Cheats. Ferrari. Cheats. Ferrari. Cheats. Ferrari. Cheats. Ferrari. Cheats. Ferrari. Cheats. Ferrari. Cheats. Ferrari. Cheats. Ferrari. Cheats. Ferrari. Cheats. Ferrari. Cheats. Ferrari. Cheats. Ferrari. Cheats. Ferrari. Cheats. Ferrari. Cheats. Ferrari. Cheats.

Oh FFS, the FIA stewards are showing themselves to be yet completely biased towards Ferrari (or just against McLaren) yet again!

I am so completely pissed of with the cheating, political and commercial wranglings of F1 I could spit! Sack the flamin' lot of 'em, starting at the top.

so why was there not a fine or a next race grid drop? i dont really understand the inconstancy in decisions, (well obviously its a ferrari thing) surely if anything it should have been a grid drop in the next race or one place in this race? i dont see why it needed the severity of a 25 second penalty, raikonen didnt even finish the race for christs sake!

Actually, it is probably a fair decision. Hamilton gained a massive advantage by going over the run-off area at the last corner. OK, he went behind Raikkonen, but he had so much more momentum going into turn 1. Easy to say, but he should have waited and tracked KR through Eau Rouge and done the move at the chicane at the top of the hill.

Also, totally un-baised as I have a substantial bet on LH winning the championship this season :)

You know how anal McLaren are about rule breaking atm, they asked Charlie if it was ok and he agreed, once you have that ruling how can it be fair to then impose a penalty after the race is over?

I can see the argument that he got a good run at him in the next corner thanks to being FORCED over the escape run, but he still had to out break him and complete a clean manouvre (only to be hit by Kimi). And again Charlie could have said that he wasn't allowed to and left it till the next straight, where he'd have got him again.

All in it's an incredibly harsh (25secs ffs) penalty, when McLaren did all they could to clarify the situation.

You know how anal McLaren are about rule breaking atm, they asked Charlie if it was ok and he agreed, once you have that ruling how can it be fair to then impose a penalty after the race is over?

I can see the argument that he got a good run at him in the next corner thanks to being FORCED over the escape run, but he still had to out break him and complete a clean manouvre (only to be hit by Kimi). And again Charlie could have said that he wasn't allowed to and left it till the next straight, where he'd have got him again.

All in it's an incredibly harsh (25secs ffs) penalty, when McLaren did all they could to clarify the situation.

good post Alex.

Mike

OMFG... totally unjust :(

I really can't get my head around what happened there, I mean how did Lewis overtake Kimi so easily on the straight? When he rejoined the track, he was on Kimi's left, then he slowed, ducked round the back and went to overtake. I know he would have caught some draft, but that much?

I really can't get my head around what happened there, I mean how did Lewis overtake Kimi so easily on the straight? When he rejoined the track, he was on Kimi's left, then he slowed, ducked round the back and went to overtake. I know he would have caught some draft, but that much?

Because it was pissing down with rain and they had no grip for traction or braking so it was down to balls rather than bhp.

Charlie Whiting is the race director and safety delegate. There is normally a permanant FIA steward and two from the local orginisers, in this case Belguim.

In making a decision, the stewards may ask for Charlie's opinion or they may not. They may also ask for it and ignore it :). He is not a steward and has no power to apply a penalty to anyone or give a ruling.

The fact that McLaren asked his opinion shows that they had doubts about it as soon as it happened. The sensible option would have been to let KR past again - LH still had more than enough pace to win the race.

These things are becoming more commonplace because of these tracks with huge run-offs everywhere. If LH has run wide at the old bus stop, he would have been in the wall and there would be no discussion to have.

Kimi's car was setup with more downforce that Lewis'. In the speed traps Kimi was some 5kmh slower than Lewis. This is why Kimi was consistantly fastest through the second sector of the lap where cornering apex speed was key, not out right speed.

Lewis was able to gain on Kimi once aero grip was reduced by the weather, cause they had to drive slower.

The simple fact is that if the race director had have said something Lewis would have waited till the next straight after Eau Rouge and simply driven past Kimi down the straight, but they wern't told to yeild and were allowed to race...

effing rediculous IMO.

Charlie Whiting is the race director and safety delegate. There is normally a permanant FIA steward and two from the local orginisers, in this case Belguim.

In making a decision, the stewards may ask for Charlie's opinion or they may not. They may also ask for it and ignore it :). He is not a steward and has no power to apply a penalty to anyone or give a ruling.

The fact that McLaren asked his opinion shows that they had doubts about it as soon as it happened. The sensible option would have been to let KR past again - LH still had more than enough pace to win the race.

He did let him past though. I'm confused, do you mean he should have let him past twice, cause of a situation caused by Kimi pushing Lewis off the track anyway? How many corners do you have to follow for before overtaking him?

McLaren have lodged an appeal so it's not over yet.

Brilliant race ... on the edge of my seat at the end, jumping around when Kimi went into the wall :)

Now completely spoilt by this, total and utter joke!

Personally, I wouldn't appeal but carry on as if nothing had happened and win the championship, knowing that the rest of the world can see what a complete bunch of ****ers the FIA are!

He did let him past though. I'm confused, do you mean he should have let him past twice, cause of a situation caused by Kimi pushing Lewis off the track anyway? How many corners do you have to follow for before overtaking him?

Lewis chose to go onto the run-off area, the move was never on. If there had been an armco barrier there, he would have tucked in behind KR. He gained an advantage from using the run-off area, McLaren knew that, that's why they asked Charlie for his opinion. Get rid of the tarmac run-offs, put gravel traps back in. It'll be much better.