The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Belgium GP *SPOILERS INSIDE*

RedM

Did you actually watch the race?

KR hit the brakes way way earlier than LH, he nearly went into the back of him. You will also notice out of every corner LH had far more traction than KR who wheelspan like JamieP on a free set of tyres out of the chicane, desite being on the far gripier racing line, and you seem t forget that LH still done him on the brakes into La Source despite KR illegaly blocking and hitting the Mclaren up the arse.

Oh, and how did Kimi get to being in first place anyway? He was 4th on the grid, went wide at La Source and used the run off to gun it past the slower people who took the corner properly- why didn't he get a drive through for that eh?

:yeahthat:

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

KR hit the brakes way way earlier than LH, he nearly went into the back of him. You will also notice out of every corner LH had far more traction than KR who wheelspan like JamieP on a free set of tyres out of the chicane, desite being on the far gripier racing line, and you seem t forget that LH still done him on the brakes into La Source despite KR illegaly blocking and hitting the Mclaren up the arse.

Oh, and how did Kimi get to being in first place anyway? He was 4th on the grid, went wide at La Source and used the run off to gun it past the slower people who took the corner properly- why didn't he get a drive through for that eh?

Cant argue with that. Also remember when Kimim ran very wide out of a left hander towards the end yet semed to get a hell of and advantage out of it?

im again agreeing with that video! you literally cant be more clear than too see it action reply! the only point in which you could call and adavantage was when lewis came out of the corner in front.. but when he went accross teh corner to avoid a crash he knew what he had to do.. its flipping obvious..he slowed down then let kimi back in.. now remember that last lap he had gain on him so much so that he was fighting for 1st.. kimi was slower.. he had to come ooff the gas at which point he wasnt behind kimi, wasnt on the racing line.. until half way down the home straight at which point his pure power of the car and grippy tyres took kimi.. aan then kimi took back track position 2 corners later and spun! the stewards must of been watching something different cos its as plain as day that LH was correct and i might add wise beyond his years to do the right thing in split seconds.

Yes, thanks for asking.

He did - as he had track position gained from his breaking of Rule 30.3 - he gained an advantage, what happened before the Bus Stop and after La Source is irrelevant in this debate.

Like Hamilton did last year when Alonso ran him wide?

Yes, thanks for asking.

He did - as he had track position gained from his breaking of Rule 30.3 - he gained an advantage, what happened before the Bus Stop and after La Source is irrelevant in this debate.

Like Hamilton did last year when Alonso ran him wide?

but then hamilton gained an advantage in previous race and got penalised for it. you would of thought he learnt the lesson.

Ferrari supporter :p

hhmm although guess this goes for anyone.. i guess its the car your in.. not doing amazingly this year tho is he tho. lol

You mean like Schumacher wasn't when he first went to Ferrari? No I guess not. Or like Hill, when he went to Arrows?

It's hardly Alonso, or Piquet's, fault that they are not in a top drive at the moment.

I mean heaven forbid Senna in 1992, he hardly won a race despite being a three time world champion. He must have suddenly gone terrible over night? Or, was it simply that his car was uncompetitive. There are more cases of uncompetitive world champions, but I have the time nor the inclination to dig them out for you to make another silly jibe :)

You mean like Schumacher wasn't when he first went to Ferrari? No I guess not. Or like Hill, when he went to Arrows?

It's hardly Alonso, or Piquet's, fault that they are not in a top drive at the moment.

I mean heaven forbid Senna in 1992, he hardly won a race despite being a three time world champion. He must have suddenly gone terrible over night? Or, was it simply that his car was uncompetitive. There are more cases of uncompetitive world champions, but I have the time nor the inclination to dig them out for you to make another silly jibe :)

to be fair i did say, this could go for anyone. and i did say it was due to the car. i dont like alsonso cos his attitude is crappy. it was crappy agains lewis last year and in my book you dont go head to head with your team mate or to the point where you slag them off. he wasnt very proffessional in my book.

So, if Hamilton had not gone for the Bus Stop overtake, would he have been level with Raikonnen over the Start-Finish straight and then in a much better position for the overtake and compromising Kimi's racing line to the corner? No.

Is that an advantage? Yes. Guilty as charged.

Erm....not sure what you mean by:

"level with Raikonnen over the Start-Finish straight"

as the Start-Finish straight is a fairly long piece of track.

He started it ahead of KR, then let him past, then got back in front again by the end of it, so the relative positions of the cars were not in a single state over the length of this piece of track. Your question as written makes no sense,

However, if you meant to say "Start-Finish LINE" than you forgot the fact that he wasn't level with Raikonnen at that point anyway.

So your 'guilty as charged' comment is fundamentally flawed as your 'charge' is not at all clear.

:shrug:

Not at all, as has been said he caught up over a second in a matter of a few corners, and had far more speed and traction out of corners than Kimi. All because of a bit of rain. Had he not gone over the run off and been able to stay alongside KR, he would have been just behind him if not next to him on the straight.

:D

I agree he probably would have passed KR in the next few corners. Why take the chance????

I believe he gained an unfair advantage off the move, not much you can say. The joys of sports!

Wheres my tea?!?!?!?!?! :search:

hhmm although guess this goes for anyone.. i guess its the car your in.. not doing amazingly this year tho is he tho. lol

well actually he is doing quite well... How many times has he out-qualified his team mate? I think he is doing well in a car that cannot match the rest of them.

Don't have to look too far back for exactly the same incident and the Ferrari driver was not even penalized :search:

-5UnPeyzcHM

Double standards - certainly. Hope the appeal is succesful, Maclarens cream Monza and Hamilton takes the F1 title by a point.... from Kovalinen :cool:

I have to say on that video the Ferrari started off in front, so he didn't gain anything by going over the run off.

Actually he does, he maintains position when quite clearly if the chicane was a brick wall he'd have had to accept that he'd lost the corner and the position to De La Rosa.

Advantage gained through going off the track = penalty according to the Belgium officials but in this race there was no penalty.

Double standards. Inconsistency. And that is the nub of everyone's issue. If it was all clear cut etc in the rule then McLaren would have known to tell Lewis to fall back and wait - but they didn't because it's all so grey. Hence they asked the Race Director for his opinion...

If everyone was sure what the rules were and the same people were in charge of enforcing those rules, we'd not be in this mess.

well on the bright side at least it wasnt a drive through or 10 place drop for the next race as that would put him in no chance of winning. Lets just hope for a Macleren 1,2 at Monza. Although no doubt the FIA are installing Ferrari's Nos as we speak.

There's likely to be an Italian steward @ Monza :rolleyes: