Belgium GP *SPOILERS INSIDE*

RedM

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok,

Bus stop incident came once the rain fell and allowed Lewis to close in on Kimi, it was if you like Round 1.

Somewhere in sector 2 they come across a recovering Williams and in the melee, Lewis went on the grass and Kimi went into the lead (under waved yellows...).

Lewis got Kimi back immediately as Kimi slid on the exit of that set of corners.

Lewis and Kimi both ran wide and onto the run off area on another corner, but where Lewis got back on the track asap, Kimi used this area (more grip) to catapault himself up behind Lewis...but to no avail...Lewis then built up a 2 sec lead and was disappearing as Kimi speared into the barriers

One more thing. If Mclaren are to be believed their telemetry show LH was 6kph slower over the start/finish line than KR.

Hardly the advantage that you'd expect from cutting the corner!

Because he lifted to let Kimi past...

Let's be honest I think we all wish Lewis had waited another corner to kill Kimi.... :(

Just for clarity can someone remind me of what happened after the disputed lead swap?

As I understand it LH went over the grass while in the lead allowing KR to regain the lead. It was then that KR went off for good.

Am I right? If I am then how does the Bus-Stop overtake even figure in things?

LH tried to overtake KR on the outside of the right hand bend at the start of the chicane...LH was pushed wide, ran off track, came back on track just after the end of the chicane, slightly ahead of KR...alledgedly LH immediately let KR re-pass him, so KR was ahead as they both crossed the start / finish line....first corner after that, LH did a shimmy and fooled KR into pulling left, letting LH pass him on the inside of the right hand turn....LH was then ahead...soon after that, both LH and KR fell over a back marker, LH had to go off track to avoid hitting said back marker, KR avoided well and got ahead again...only to lose it when accelerating on a straight section, this time stuffing the wall.

what a crock of crap! Look at what happend in the pit lane in the last race with Massa that was a clearly danagerous move and they walked away with it. The fact that Hamilton was a little bit ahead of Kimmi when he had to take the escape route seems to have been ignored.

Not for the first time this season Hamilton has incurred the wrath of the stewards, initially in Bahrain when he and team-mate Heikki Kovalainen were handed five-place grid penalties for impeding other drivers in qualifying.

Hamilton was then demoted 10 places for the French Grand Prix after driving into the back of Raikkonen in the pit lane in the previous race in Canada.

Add in the drive-through penalty in Magny-Cours and a 5,000 euros fine for being late to a press conference in Valencia a fortnight ago, and it has been a miserable year in one respect for Hamilton.

"I have often said the race is not over until the official results are published and that was the case today."

It's not if you win by an inch or a mile, it's how much you are up the arse of the FIA, they might be fat, ugly, or Nazi's, winning is everything...

If I was Ron I'd pack the whole lot up and race elsewhere.
The problem there is that the FIA (Mosley in particular) would like nothing better.

The only thing McLaren can do is carry on and probe they can win the championship DESPITE the FIA's meddling with the rules.

Plus the fact that after Kimi was passed by Lewis. he did manage to get back in front again, only to lose it when he was well in front of Lewis. (Allowing Lewis to pass him again) When he finally stuffed it into the wall, he was already a couple of seconds behind lewis, wasn't he?

I'd say too much happened between the incident for which Lewis was penalised and Kimi finally crashing into the wall for Lewis's excursion across the grass to have had any effect on the result.

The only reason Kimi got in front is because Lewis backed out of coliding with the BMW across his path. By the time Kimi got there it had moved a bit and there was a decent gap he could get through. Lewis meantime was struggling on the grass.

How about when Lewis and Kimi went off on one corner, Lewis got back on track as soon as he could (Whilst keeping up a reasonable amount of speed), but Kimi stayed on the tarmac and literally slingshot round the entire corner, giving himself a fantastic amount of speed and advantage?...

Also (Although, I've met, and like the fella), why is there no penalty for Rosberg for a dangerous action by joining the track when he did? That's got to be more dangerous than Massa in the pits in the last race?...

How about when Lewis and Kimi went off on one corner, Lewis got back on track as soon as he could (Whilst keeping up a reasonable amount of speed), but Kimi stayed on the tarmac and literally slingshot round the entire corner, giving himself a fantastic amount of speed and advantage?...

youre not keeping up.....in that case ferrari got an advantage and hence they were completely entitled to under the rules of the FIA.