The mkiv Supra Owners Club

If you could resurrect one famous person

jevansio

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus, Mohammad etc (choose you favourite brand) so we could cut through all of the man made 'interpretations' and get some proper clariification. Might put all the 'religious' types with their own agendas out of a job though. Is that a bad thing?

Presuming they existed at all in the first place, and aren't just some made up story characters.

I suppose you have to take something from the league this year since your not in europe;):D

Yous started it:p

Sorry about the offtopic. But, i was in a Celtic pub watching the game as my wife is a Celtic fan, and i don't want her getting eff'd and blinded at. At the start, some Celtic fans held up a banner "Oh my god, you signed Kenny....... You numpties" obviously with a picture of Kenny from southpark. I had to give credit where credit was due as that was damn funny.

Laughed my arse off when he scored 2 though, and almost made it 3.

Anyway, back on topic..... i would bring back kenny!

Cool and utterly irresistible question. My list is just "because I'd like to talk to them"

1. Jesus. I could find out why a message of 'be nice and forgive each other' is looked on with so much revulsion in 21st century Britain. Then I would attach a radio controlled cyberhelmet (a cinch if I can bring him back from the dead), turning him into Robo-Jesus. Under my control, he now hunts down JamesMark for being blashemous and, using his trusty carpenter's tools, converts him into a rabbit hutch.

2. Nietzsche (before he went potty in 1888)

3. Peter the Great

4. Richard Francis Burton

5. Henry Fielding

6. Bizet (went to his death thinking Carmen was a failure. I'd tell him 'there's hardly anyone in the West who doesn't recognise a tune from it').

7. Wagner (I'd show him footage of the holocaust and ask him whether he still thought anti-semitism was the way to go)

8. Darwin

9. Marcel Proust

10. Bach (just to say 'thanks')

11. H G Wells (because he would have been so interested in the direction society has taken)

12. Any of these roman emperors: Julius Caesar, Augustus, Tiberius, Caligula, Claudius (not Nero)

13. Snorri Sturlusson (main compiler of the Norse myths)

14. Xenophon (for some great war stories)

15. ANy semi-legendary figure e.g. Robin Hood, King Arthur etc

16. Belisarius ( greatest general of Byzantium, because he was treated in such a crummy way and ought to have a second shot)

17. Jane Austen

18. Aristotle ("almost every single conclusion you reached was wrong - hard luck")

19. Karl Marx

And so on...