The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone want a cheap guitar?

michael

aint i :D ... nahh seriously, they'd be fine for beginners... but as soon as u want to do any live sound they would just crumble

Really?

I honestly thought that these are the EXACT guitars that people like Metallica use on stage :guitar:

I mean it's just wood and stingy bits, why would you need to spend any more than this? Don't they all just do the same thing?

:rockon:

Seriously though, the price is silly low, they are clearly very cheap guitars and as a result ideal for someone who thinks they might want to learn but only has the change they found down the sofa, people who don't care about branding, quality or the action being 100% awesome and clumsy kids who will get bored of the idea in favour of crack.

a bargain for messing around on.

Only thing though is you'd actually more likely get put off ever learning to play on something really as budget as it gets.

I used to have a £30 guitar, and learning on it is doubly hard, because even a good guitar player would struggle, so a beginner has two hurdles to overcome.

If you want something proper to learn on, you can get half decent jap (j-spec!) guitars from £100 upwards - which would easily be miles better than these, making these potentially false economy. Depends what you want though, if it's just to mess around on or give to the kids to smash up for 6 months, then why spend more :)

well I picked up a Yamaha Pacifica end of line model (new model had some refinements) for about £120 new with guarantee, strings and shop check / setup. It has solid tone wood Alder body (very rare sub £200) and 3 pickups with a proper Humbucker. It's basically a Fender Strat style copy, but entry level Yamaha's are miles better than entry level Fenders!

If you could hunt something like that down second hand nearly new, you'd have even more of a bargain!

It plays very well, you'd go from total beginner to pretty good (several years) before outplaying it.

You have had 3 guitars and 3 amps for that,

lol true, but I'd rather pay a little more for something that stays in tune and plays well (less fustration), but I'm sure for the money you can't go wrong really! It would certainly be hard to complain.

>Scotster - I hope you get on with it well, come and post back when you get it, tell us how good it is.

My experience with £30 guitars was "uninspiring" but this might be a gem for the money :)